May 03, 2024, 04:54:25 AM

News:

installing VOES on SHovelhead

Started by waltcentral, September 22, 2019, 09:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

I am posting here because EVO's have VOES and there may be more experience here.
I am installing a Daytoa Twin Tec ignition and wish to use VOES.  I have a Super E carb. Daytona has a video the shows thee drilling of the intake manifold.  The recommend using a #10-32 tap and corresponding drill bit which I bought and using a  vacuum fitting that will fit the #10-32.
I have two questions:
1) what size barb fitting should I get
2)what internal diameter vacuum line
I am assuming the barb fittings that connect to the vac line are all the same?

Thanks

capn

Hey Walt. Use the barb that fits the hole you drill .It Doesnt have to be threaded if not you can press or tap it in using a little JB weld .Any rubber hose or tubing that fits will work fine.It is not high pressure.

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: capn on September 22, 2019, 05:25:39 PM
Hey Walt. Use the barb that fits the hole you drill .It Doesnt have to be threaded if not you can press or tap it in using a little JB weld .Any rubber hose or tubing that fits will work fine.It is not high pressure.

I did this on my shovel drilling the E manifold and just pressing in a short piece of steel tube with a little JB weld on it for a sealer.  I never got the VOES thing sorted out correctly, eventually tossed it and capped the tube. 

I am not sure of the size of tube I used but it might have been an old piece of steel line for the rockers. Vac line is usually pretty forgiving, you just don't want it loose.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

db13

Did this for my shovel with crane ign and just used regular 1/8 vacuum/wiper washer hose off a chevy.