March 30, 2024, 12:46:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2/1 exhaust & tune

Started by JT Metal, September 19, 2019, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT Metal

I installed a rush wrath 2/1 exhaust with a 2.3" Baffle. Previous decatted header & slip ons.

103" stage 1.5 heads, .030 gskt, T-man 555 and powerVision tuner.
Bike seemed to run good. And I did a couple auto tunes for the hell of it.
Bike has an off idle stumble on aggressive launch.

Any advise?

joes124

This is from the Fuel Moto website.  "Choosing which Auto Tune application which would be best depends on your specific bike and modifications. Auto Tune Basic works best for mildly modified combinations, many have had great success tuning for cams and more extensive modifications, it really comes down to the accuracy of the base map. Auto Tune Pro works on bikes that did & did not not originally have factory O2 sensors and is capable of populating tune corrections for extensive modifications."

More specifics are needed regarding what you are using.

KE5RBD

Autotune basic uses the stock O2's.  Autotune Pro uses the Wideband O2's with either the Autotune pro module or the Target tune module. 
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

jjdalynh

log the data and see what's happening.  off idle stumble (not backfiring through intake) is usually too rich.   if you've tuned the rpms that you are starting in, then look to reducing your AE in that same area. 

jty

If the bike has a lot of miles, the fuel tank check valve may have been worn out causing WOT stumble. Either the attached fuel line connector or the valve itself. Check the external fuel line connector for wear, small dents from the valve ball bearings. My fuel line lasted abt. 40t and the check valve abt 50t miles. Using 5% alcohol fuel, 120R with Tman 660SM, 4.9g injectors
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office

Burnout

Another aspect of this issue is you can't just whack it from an Idle.
Your cam is no where near it's happy spot at an idle.
Large throttle openings at low RPMs are not welcome.
EFI will not cover that up, or compensate for that.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"