April 18, 2024, 10:18:42 AM

News:

key fob and alarm system

Started by 1workinman, September 30, 2019, 05:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1workinman

When I was ridding in Colorado a couple of weeks ago the red light that looks like a key came on while ridding and I thought damn what the hell but that was a night coming to the Motel and I just kept ridding and hoped it would stay running .The damn thing would go on and then off not flashing but on for a while the off . I just assumed the battery was weak and I just forgot to check that one off the list . Got home and installed a new battery and the same crap . Ok I not sure how to proceed here I assuming the system is not getting the correct signal to make the alarm system happy for a better term. My other bike does not have this and now I happy about that .  If I knew how I would just add a jumper to it or what ever it takes to make this work .  Any idea on what is the way to test this system , Might be a weak fob or what ever damn

Panzer

Check your alarm wires to battery and ground.
Year and model??
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

kd

I believe it's telling you to check for codes.
KD

Karl H.

Dyna Wide Glide '03, Softail Deluxe '13, Street Glide '14, Sportster 883R '15

Pirsch Fire Wagon

October 01, 2019, 02:23:32 AM #4 Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:59:18 AM by PIRSCH FIRE WAGON
The TSSM has identified a Malfunction in the System. The Service Manual explains how to retrieve the Diagnostic Code in the System.
Tom

Hossamania

Check for burned out light bulbs, turn signals, loose bulb, or slightly broken filament making intermittent connection.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Breeze

Red key light indicates a problem in the TSSM system. Could be a bulb or security sys. problem. Yellow engine light indicates a code has been stored.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

1workinman

Quote from: Hossamania on October 01, 2019, 03:33:16 AM
Check for burned out light bulbs, turn signals, loose bulb, or slightly broken filament making intermittent connection.
Hoss i installed new led head lights and the two other smaller lights that are below left and right ......i did not know those would cause this problem

Coyote

You really need to specify the year and model to be able to offer anything. That said, your bike has a diagnostic code set.

convert1967

Sure sounds like the TSSM isn't recognizing your LEDs, The don't draw enough current.  The TSSM thinks you have bulbs out in your front marker/turn signals.

1workinman

Quote from: Coyote on October 01, 2019, 12:07:38 PM
You really need to specify the year and model to be able to offer anything. That said, your bike has a diagnostic code set.
Your right its a 12 street glide . I installed new head light and the fog lights or what ever they are but they are working so I don't know if that matters. One interesting thing is its not wanting to start good hot now after I installed the new stock lead acid battery that came off the 12 road glide with the 145 inch SS motor . The twin power battery really spun over the 124 inch and I probably going to order another one this week  . Probably means nothing about the battery . I jumper or add a value to the alarm system If I knew how and just use my little friend to help me with theft   

Coyote

1workinman

Quote from: Coyote on October 01, 2019, 05:46:43 PM
How to pull your codes

I don't think your LED lights are an issue.
Yea I going to this week end as I pretty busy during the week and I like to work over time so it waits till I have time thanks for the advice . Glad I don't have a alarm on the Road Glide now not worth the potential problems .   

Coyote

Quote from: 1workinman on October 02, 2019, 05:22:28 PM
How to pull your codes

Yea I going to this week end as I pretty busy during the week and I like to work over time so it waits till I have time thanks for the advice . Glad I don't have a alarm on the Road Glide now not worth the potential problems .

There's no problems with HD's alarm system. There are problems with some users.  :wink:

1workinman

Quote from: Coyote on October 02, 2019, 05:28:11 PM
How to pull your codes

There's no problems with HD's alarm system. There are problems with some users.  :wink:
Yea I guess your right as I ran the bike for codes and there was none so there you have it no problems with the HD alarm perfect just like the system with no alarm on it

1workinman

Quote from: Coyote on October 02, 2019, 05:28:11 PM
How to pull your codes

The alarm is just a thing and things usually does not matter I get it fixed or not no big deal lol

1workinman

Went to anouther web sight found info basically i have to buy a tsm from ebay and marry it to ecm so i know now the perfect alarm system can be deleted . I know several have done this .

Coyote

Been discussed here many times. You can also program the FOB codes to all zeros. What does any of this have to do with your original question?

rigidthumper

Can you force all zeros with Centurian? DT will not let you use zeros.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Coyote

Yeah, I think you can. At least that's what I remember from going to their training class.

lonewolf

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 08, 2019, 07:41:18 AM
Can you force all zeros with Centurian? DT will not let you use zeros.
I'm sure I have but not last time I tried. Just had to disable the fobs.

Hossamania

Quote from: 1workinman on October 01, 2019, 11:53:26 AM
Hoss i installed new led head lights and the two other smaller lights that are below left and right ......i did not know those would cause this problem

Did the problem start right after you installed these lights?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

1workinman

Quote from: Coyote on October 08, 2019, 07:20:40 AM
Been discussed here many times. You can also program the FOB codes to all zeros. What does any of this have to do with your original question?
perhaps i did not ask correctly i wanted to know how to add a value to it . I assume that where the 00000 come in and i know that now from searching and i asked about a jumper that i know now just swap out unit .  Ok no big deal no problem with operator other that i want the system gone my bike ok

1workinman

Quote from: Hossamania on October 08, 2019, 10:20:07 AM
Quote from: 1workinman on October 01, 2019, 11:53:26 AM

Did the problem start right after you installed these lights?
yea it did  and i hauled borh bikes to Colorado to ride when the damn securty light came off and on on a ride back to motel on the side of a mountain.  I knew then i was Done with the alarm system .  I knew there had to be a way to be rid of it . My vw i hade it removed in the ecm . At work we can add a value to systems to change the way a system operates .  Like i said no big deal i remove the unit marry system done

Coyote

And once again you are assuming the security light means a security problem. It does not. The light coming on indicates a diagnostic code set. It could be related to any number of things. Did you ever pull the codes?