March 28, 2024, 07:21:43 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

volume not holding

Started by moose, May 24, 2019, 05:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

while riding about 800 miles yesterday my radio volume kept going down to zero. I could move it back up if I kept hitting volume up some times it stuck and would not let me put it back up but if I kept hitting the volume up eventually it would go up.  It happened about 3 dozen times.  the switch seems to be working most of the time.   but all of a sudden you see the volume bars go down and go to mute  then I have to play with the switch to get sound back  this is a 2011 Ultra Limited with harley apm installed
Moose aka Glenn-

Leed

My first guess would be the handlebar switch is going bad.

rigidthumper

Or wires rubbing together ( check the wire harness, from switch housing to under the clutch perch clamp to under the fairing where it lays next to the fairing uprights) which makes the radio think you're pressing the volume button.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

moose

Moose aka Glenn-

moose

finally got around to fixing the volume problem.  It was the switch on the handle bars that went bad replaced it and all is fine now.
Moose aka Glenn-

Leed

Yes!  I finally got one right.  That's one in a row...

Glad you've got it working.

moose

:baby:    don't get carried away   but thanks for the help
Moose aka Glenn-