May 05, 2024, 11:40:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2013 switchback blinker relocation

Started by TA63, September 01, 2019, 03:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TA63

Buddy has a 2013 switchback we just put 14 inch apes on. We would like to relocate the front blinkers to the forks. Anyone sell brackets or a kit for this? 

rigidthumper

Gargle "Custom Dynamics". They have a set that mounts on the tubes, just under the tree, that look good and seem to last.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

millerm64

You can use two Road King exhaust studs, I believe they are 3/8 16 on one end and 3/8 24 on the other.  These get threaded into the lower windshield mount.

Here is a summary of the relocation from someone else...

Go to your HD dealer and order 2 Road King exhaust studs (not sure if any exhaust stud will work, but Road King is what I was told). These studs are threaded differently on each end. One end will screw in where your lower windshield mount goes. The other into your turn signal housing.

Remove grommets from frame backbone. Carefully pull out the turn signal wires from backbone. Disconnect turn signal wires at the connector.
Remove turn signal from lever brackets.
Remove the lower windshield mount off the forks/nacelle.
Screw mount onto corresponding stud end.
Screw the stud end into the now vacant hole on forks.
Attach turn signal to other end of stud.
Adjust depth of stud into forks to properly align the turn signal and have it be tight.
Reroute turn signal wires through the nacelle.
Plug in turn signal wires at the connector.
Check to make sure everything works properly
tuck wires back into the frame backbone.
replace grommets

Note: I also belong to the Proboards Switchback site.  The site is free but does require registration (they won't sell your info).  Your buddy can go there to see many pictures of what the various modifications look like. SEARCH  "Turn Signal Relocation"
Full Disclosure: I still have stock bars and turn signal location.

rauchman

Quote from: millerm64 on September 07, 2019, 05:33:51 AM
You can use two Road King exhaust studs, I believe they are 3/8 16 on one end and 3/8 24 on the other.  These get threaded into the lower windshield mount.

Here is a summary of the relocation from someone else...

Go to your HD dealer and order 2 Road King exhaust studs (not sure if any exhaust stud will work, but Road King is what I was told). These studs are threaded differently on each end. One end will screw in where your lower windshield mount goes. The other into your turn signal housing.

Remove grommets from frame backbone. Carefully pull out the turn signal wires from backbone. Disconnect turn signal wires at the connector.
Remove turn signal from lever brackets.
Remove the lower windshield mount off the forks/nacelle.
Screw mount onto corresponding stud end.
Screw the stud end into the now vacant hole on forks.
Attach turn signal to other end of stud.
Adjust depth of stud into forks to properly align the turn signal and have it be tight.
Reroute turn signal wires through the nacelle.
Plug in turn signal wires at the connector.
Check to make sure everything works properly
tuck wires back into the frame backbone.
replace grommets

Note: I also belong to the Proboards Switchback site.  The site is free but does require registration (they won't sell your info).  Your buddy can go there to see many pictures of what the various modifications look like. SEARCH  "Turn Signal Relocation"
Full Disclosure: I still have stock bars and turn signal location.

Yup, this is what I did.

88b

HD do a relocation kit for Dynas, I've fitted two of them . Puts the turn signals on the forks, they plug in at the front of the tank.