Looking for more but only where I want it

Started by Jaycee1964, October 04, 2019, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaycee1964

I have a relatively stock 107" 2018 RGU.  Decat head pipe, SnS Air and CVO slip ons.  Was tuned with TTS and runs nice.  Pretty quiet and I like that.  I like where the power is now.  I Don't go over about 4K typically and it rolls nice.  I am looking for more power in the current range.  Not looking into doing a cam swap and alter the curve.  I'm thinking about an S&S 124" big bore kit and leaving all else alone and just tuning it.  I should see a marked improvement throughout the power curve by just upping the CI..  No?
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Tommy D

Acts 4:12

lucasg

Gotta agree with Tommy.  Very nice gains for what was invested, almost 20 hp/14 tq...not too shabby.

rigidthumper

Increasing the displacement to 124" without altering the chamber volume moves the compression to over 11.3:1- too high for the stock cams.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Jaycee1964

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 05, 2019, 05:26:00 AM
Increasing the displacement to 124" without altering the chamber volume moves the compression to over 11.3:1- too high for the stock cams.

Your right...
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

NHBagger

How about installing a CR 480 cam?  Daren did a 107 and it went 120/108 with peak torque at about 3500.

Herko

"...Not looking into doing a cam swap..."

You may want to reconsider.
Twin Cam's respond well to a cam swap and competent tune.
The Milwaukee 8 platform responds even better to cam change and competent tune.
Continuous testing and build results at Sheffer Performance in Evansville Indiana has shown this to be the case, all the while maintaining a very usable power curve
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Hillside Motorcycle

If wanting the bulk of the power under 4K, a RS .468 would do it.
More yet?
Bore to 117".....your torque want will be gone then.... :teeth:
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

hotbo

I have a 19 FLHX 107. ran it stock for a while with decat head pipe and A/C,F/M mufflers.power vision tune. I just installed a S&S 475 cam with a set of WFO lifters and wow what a wake up and its no more noisy than the stock cam! Best bang for the buck is a cam swap in these M8s with a tune. best of luck Travis  :beer:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

Sunny Jim

Quote from: Hillside Motorcycle on October 18, 2019, 04:23:12 AM
If wanting the bulk of the power under 4K, a RS .468 would do it.
More yet?
Bore to 117".....your torque want will be gone then.... :teeth:

Scott, have you had any broken pistons or cylinders on the 107. - 117 rebores?

Goopdienes

look at the woods 22x lots of low end power. i have it in my 19 cvo and it pulls real hard 2000+