April 27, 2024, 02:26:33 PM

News:

How about a Woods tw8 in 124 build?

Started by guesscrazy, October 10, 2019, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planemech

Ive wondered this myself but didn't have a 58 or 62 laying around to try and it runs so good like it is I kinda hate to mess with it. Maybe one day if I happen across a used one and a little time Ill get with J&B just to see what happens. I don't typically ride in the range where it would make a difference anyway and down low this thing is flat out awesome! The more I ride it the more I like it.

Quote from: Barrett on October 30, 2019, 12:33:40 PM
harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,108626.msg1293538.html#msg1293538
This is one with a HPI 55/58. I wonder how much gain there would be with a larger TB.

FXDBI

My suggestion to the OP seeing has HE isn't doing the build himself find a builder that he can trust with a proven recipe. Let him do his magic, don't walk into a shop with a box of parts and a recipe that you developed your self from internet research. YOU cant do the work yourself so don't go into a shop spewing out all the BS u learnt from the internet telling the guy how to do his job! Nothing gets under a mechanics skin faster or deeper than someone who cant do telling them how to!  Build something you will use not a DYNO SHEET. I cant stress enough the importance of using a proven recipe of parts WITH a proper tune by a competent tuner.  Bigger TB and Higher Lift cam is not always the answer for a daily rider.   Bob