April 19, 2024, 01:41:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Revtech neutral light

Started by a_disalvo, October 15, 2019, 06:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_disalvo

Anyone know if the revtech 5 speed into a 4 speed trans (58295) has provisions for a neutral indicater light? Thanks, Frank

a_disalvo

The answer is yes, it does have a neutral indicator light switch. Frank, I know because I just bought one.!!!

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

a_disalvo

Installed the revtech 5 into 4 speed case in my '79 low rider. Hard to imagine going into first without a clunk, and neutral just a pull up on the shifter from first. Too bad HD can't or wont adapt their tech into their transmissions!!!! Frank

76shuvlinoff

October 23, 2019, 02:45:00 AM #4 Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:49:09 AM by 76shuvlinoff
My RT 5/4 has been in the bike for 30,000 + miles. Within a year of installation I had to replace the throwout bearing. I am chalking that up to improper cable adjustment. These days every few rides there will be a moment when the shifter doesn't want to return to the middle when down shifting, another tap with my toe and it pops up. Other than that no real mechanical concerns and it shifts much more smoothly and quietly than my 12 TC EG. I have had Shockproof heavy in it since new.

The RT and the Riveria Pro clutch changed my Shovelhead life. The extra gear in the 5 speed let me play with sprockets for highway cruising and riding two up.  Sadly I didn't put a full tank of gas through the old bike this year.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway