April 15, 2024, 09:56:03 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need New Tires

Started by Die Hard, October 16, 2019, 08:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

They have a good looking sidewall as well.  [attach=1]

calif phil

Buglet

Are the commander III's  still going to be made in Thailand.

calif phil

Quote from: BUGLET on October 30, 2019, 07:55:49 AM
   Are the commander III's  still going to be made in Thailand.

Yes and that is one reason I prefer the Dunlops. 

fleetmechanic

We've had a car tire on the rear of one of our rigs used only on snow days with a sidecar.  It's been on there now for a couple of years and has probably only run a couple of thousand miles.  On the first snow days of the season this week the rig went out and came back each time almost flat in the rear.   Put it up on two lift tables today and looked everywhere for bubbles with 409 and found none.  But then I saw that there were tiny bubbles around the bead areas of both sides of the wheel.  The wheel was clean inside and we are now done with the darkside.  Replaced it with an AE.

calgary56

Mileage is listed in Kilometers, divide by 1.61 to get miles, .... 2005 Harley Wide Glide
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

PoorUB

Calgary, can you run a few more Dunlops and Michelins so we can get a better average?  :hyst:

Which model Dunlop?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

calgary56

November 02, 2019, 10:26:02 AM #32 Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:39:22 AM by calgary56
Quote from: PoorUB on November 02, 2019, 07:28:04 AM
Calgary, can you run a few more Dunlops and Michelins so we can get a better average?  :hyst:

Which model Dunlop?

Dunflop 401, ... will probably run a few more Michelin Commander II tires, (but the one i have now will last the winter, don't get out much now, BUT, today will be between 39*F and 46*F with dry roads, so I'm riding), only use Dunlops when I miscalculate tire wear and have to get one while on the road and the place doesn't have Michelins.

Might give one of these Commander III tires a try if they make them in a size that fits my 2005 Wide Glide, but sure am happy with the Commander II
Live Long, ... Out Ride the Reaper !

92flhtcu

Calgary, always amazed at record keeping, the Dunlop 401 is unchanged since it's inception approx 35yrs ago, the American Elite is leaps and bounds a better tire than the 401 or 402, just sayin' as most of us are comparing the latest models
Need a bigger garage

Stingray

16 thousand on my MCII. Plenty of burnouts.

PoorUB

Quote from: 92flhtcu on November 04, 2019, 06:11:02 PM
Calgary, always amazed at record keeping, the Dunlop 401 is unchanged since it's inception approx 35yrs ago, the American Elite is leaps and bounds a better tire than the 401 or 402, just sayin' as most of us are comparing the latest models

Read Calgary's last post, looks like he buys the 401 when he can't get anything else.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Pete_Vit

Quote from: PoorUB on November 05, 2019, 03:37:47 AM
Quote from: 92flhtcu on November 04, 2019, 06:11:02 PM

Read Calgary's last post, looks like he buys the 401 when he can't get anything else.
what happened to the 491's ?  :nix: loved them on the Sporty, guess too high a mileage tire for Dunlop   :kick:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

boooby1744

Haven't seen anyone mention Conti Contacts . :chop: