April 24, 2024, 09:05:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Do the heads from a 2009 110 CVO come pre-drilled for ACR's ?

Started by aalsalem, October 21, 2019, 04:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aalsalem

Hi, I just bought a 2009 Harley Road Glide CVO with the 110 ci Engine (All Stock), bike runs great but some times its hard to start, so am assuming i need some ACR's.

Question : Do the heads from a 2009 110 CVO come pre-drilled for ACR's ? :scratch:

trying to save time instead of opening up the bike to check.

thanks

98fxstc

likely already have the ACRs fitted
maybe not working or not hooked up
my 09 CVO Fatbob has them, I believe all 110's come with them

or you may have a different problem

prodrag1320

easy enough to look & see if you see the harness coming out from between the rocker box & head

aswracing

Every set of 110 heads I've ever seen has been machined for ACR's.

You can always go look up your bike in the parts book, it'll tell you immediately if it came with ACR's from the factory: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?make=hdmc . But I'm betting it did.

koko3052

I was under the assumption that when the factory 103s came out everything from there on up had ACRs. :nix:

rigidthumper

Quote from: aalsalem on October 21, 2019, 04:00:17 AM
Hi, I just bought a 2009 Harley Road Glide CVO with the 110 ci Engine (All Stock), bike runs great but some times its hard to start, so am assuming i need some ACR's.

Question : Do the heads from a 2009 110 CVO come pre-drilled for ACR's ? :scratch:

thanks
Any chance it has a Power Commander on it?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hossamania

Also, how old is your battery? Do you use a tender? I know mine starts harder as my battery ages, and starts much better when a tender is used.
It has been discussed that a worn out compensator also causes hard starting.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

aalsalem

Quote from: aswracing on October 21, 2019, 05:47:49 AM
Every set of 110 heads I've ever seen has been machined for ACR's.

You can always go look up your bike in the parts book, it'll tell you immediately if it came with ACR's from the factory: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?make=hdmc . But I'm betting it did.

thanks for the link, a real help :up:
yes it has ACR

aalsalem

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 21, 2019, 06:31:48 AM
Quote from: aalsalem on October 21, 2019, 04:00:17 AM

thanks
Any chance it has a Power Commander on it?

No power commander yet

aalsalem

Quote from: Hossamania on October 21, 2019, 07:39:30 AM
Also, how old is your battery? Do you use a tender? I know mine starts harder as my battery ages, and starts much better when a tender is used.
It has been discussed that a worn out compensator also causes hard starting.

New battery, always have a tender on it, dont think its the compensator as the bike only have 4500 miles on it

aalsalem

so the bike sometimes starts well and sometimes not, am thinking maybe its a stuck ACR or a bad starter drive clutch?

Was thinking of doing a compression test on it, and that would tell me if the ACR is stuck. Because if its stuck i would think i should get around 200 psi ? and if its open (working correctly )much less, please correct me if am wrong

thanks

any other ideas ?

Boe Cole

Not sure you'll hit 200 but there will be a major difference in compression if you have a bad acr.  Had to replace one mine when it went bad.  Was able to make an acr socket out of an old 13/16" spark plug socket and my Dremel.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Don D

Check compression connected then pull the fuse. If it doesnt change the exhaust passages are plugged. It happens on a motor the drewls oil.