April 23, 2024, 10:33:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

DOT 5 now in both brakes :)

Started by 1340evo, October 26, 2019, 12:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

All I can tell you is that I've bled brakes many times, and occasionally I just cannot get the handle to firm up. This on the same bike that I've not had problems before. Tying it down overnight solves the problem.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Norton Commando

Quote from: Hossamania on November 12, 2019, 12:15:35 PM
All I can tell you is that I've bled brakes many times, and occasionally I just cannot get the handle to firm up. This on the same bike that I've not had problems before. Tying it down overnight solves the problem.

Indeed it does.  :agree:

If after a reasonable amount of bleeding I find that the brake is still a bit mushy I don't waste any more time or brake fluid trying to get the remaining air out. Instead I tie the lever down and leave it over night. The next day after removing the strap/bungee and pumping the brakes a few times, the brakes will be as firm as they can possible be.

This method works well and is permanent. I've successfully performed this technique on not only HDs, but Japanese and British bikes.

Jason

Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

crock

Quote from: Norton Commando on November 13, 2019, 05:36:27 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on November 12, 2019, 12:15:35 PM

Indeed it does.  :agree:

If after a reasonable amount of bleeding I find that the brake is still a bit mushy I don't waste any more time or brake fluid trying to get the remaining air out. Instead I tie the lever down and leave it over night. The next day after removing the strap/bungee and pumping the brakes a few times, the brakes will be as firm as they can possible be.

This method works well and is permanent. I've successfully performed this technique on not only HDs, but Japanese and British bikes.

Jason

The ONLY way I have been able to get a firm "peddle" on the front of my FLH
Crock