April 25, 2024, 04:21:49 AM

News:

What would cause plugs to burn super lean

Started by anthonyflhx, October 31, 2019, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

My 04 dyna was running great up until a week ago. Motor mounts were shot. My exhaust bracket covers
Blocks the rear mount bolts so i removed exhaust and figured while i was waiting for parts to come in i would also change rocker box gaskets as one was weeping oil. I also replaced both breather assemblies in rocker boxes.

Buttoned her back up without incident, no oil leaks, installed mounts and test ride. Bike not only has weird vibration but feels like it's way out of tune. I put new spark plugs in today and after test ride i pull em and they are super white.

Any idea what could have caused this? I just had ecm replaced and flash tuned by Harley 8 months ago. I can't see it just losing its tune. Everything was fine till motor mounts gave up the rubber.

blackhillsken

Normal for the plugs to be white. The days of light tan to light brown insulators are long gone.
I'm gonna take a stab & guess the mount job (including the exhaust) needs to be loosened, de-stressed, retightened, & if that cures the vibration, the perceived loss of power (perceived due to vibration) might go away.
Ken