May 01, 2024, 05:44:12 PM

News:

Transmission dipstick question

Started by hdrider47, October 04, 2019, 07:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdrider47

For an M8 touring model, does anyone know how many ounces of transmission fluid it takes to go from add to full on the dipstick?

road-dawgs1

I'm not certain of the exact answer, but can tell you that when mine was migrating, my stick showed add and I had to put in 5 oz to bring it to full
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Jobie

It's not as much as one would think. My guess would be around 4oz's.  Been going through this issue for two years now.  It's not any fun riding when you have issues but Harley say's " That's the new norm "  The owners and service manual states....... Improper oil levels can cause catastrophe damages.  Dealer say's it's ok, just ride it.  They can't say.... Never heard of that anymore, there's two many of us with this issue.  We all wish they would say...... bring it in and we will "FIX" it.   HD will give us all adjustable dipsticks and say...... Problem Solved!

harttoo

Mine took 5 1/2 ounces when there was nothing on the dipstick. I would start with one ounce.

hdrider47

Thanks for the replies.  When adding the oil, I just added a little at a time and to get to the full level, it only took about 2 1/2 ounces.