March 28, 2024, 05:42:05 AM

News:

Power Vision w/Target Tune

Started by WhipLash96, November 03, 2019, 04:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

Ok, I bought a Power Vision with Target Tune for my 2016 Slim. As of now the only modification to the bike is the exhaust system.  I have the Target Tune enabled but I don't like it in the colder months of riding.

Can I create a custom MAP and put in the AFR I desire without using the TT?
Thanks,
Whip

aswracing

You can change the AFR map regardless of whether the tune is TT enabled or not.

Sunny Jim

rbabos

Quote from: WhipLash96 on November 03, 2019, 04:54:42 AM
Ok, I bought a Power Vision with Target Tune for my 2016 Slim. As of now the only modification to the bike is the exhaust system.  I have the Target Tune enabled but I don't like it in the colder months of riding.

Can I create a custom MAP and put in the AFR I desire without using the TT?
Probably the afr is too rich for colder IAT/engine temps. Probably fat for hot weather too. Any I've seen for the v rod are way too rich in the base cal and I suspect the same case here.   Why not lean the afr in the TT enabled cal and dial the ve back for better results with a few runs.
Ron

rageglide

Mod your TT map, rename and save it then load it to the PV unit.  Easy as that.  No need to abandon it in winter.  Like Ron said, lean it out, or tweak it, no reason to leave as is.  Could allow adaptive as well, it might help

rbabos

Quote from: rageglide on November 07, 2019, 07:31:38 PM
Mod your TT map, rename and save it then load it to the PV unit.  Easy as that.  No need to abandon it in winter.  Like Ron said, lean it out, or tweak it, no reason to leave as is.  Could allow adaptive as well, it might help
Don't know how well the adaptive works out with the big twins but the v rod it blows big time. Stopped using it long ago and tune has remained stable since. Adaptive with FM cals and the v rod , do not play well, be it NB or WB.  I tuned one with TTS and for some reason it worked well. Good thing because you can't turn it off with TTS. Different ways they function I guess. Others have found the same, trying to get a stable tune with the Revolution so not just me. Actual technical reason, nobody seems to know but as long as one knows, disable if all else fails.
Ron

rageglide

I agree Ron, the adaptive is typically not helpful when the exhaust is very free flowing.  I think the closer to stock the less issues adaptive presents day to day.

Whiplash, if you are using an FM map (or any map obtained elsewhere) without doing some auto tune sessions it's unlikely to run optimally.  Just because it's got wideband TT function doesn't guarantee the target afr can be met.  You didn't mention whether you've done a few auto tune sessions on the map FM provided.  If you haven't that's where I would start.

WhipLash96

The MAP is from DynoJet. No I have not done an auto tune session with it as of yet. All I have done with it so far is enable the TT and let it learn. I haven't had the chance to take a look at the data from when the TT  was enabled.
Thanks,
Whip

rbabos

Quote from: WhipLash96 on November 09, 2019, 01:38:44 PM
The MAP is from DynoJet. No I have not done an auto tune session with it as of yet. All I have done with it so far is enable the TT and let it learn. I haven't had the chance to take a look at the data from when the TT  was enabled.
It doesn't modify the calibration until you run the data through for a new cal, just tries to target the afr value in the cal. That base cal requested afr could be too rich to start with, even if you do many autotune cal edits. Technically it will be autotuned but engine will not necessarily like it.  What is the afr table look like?  That is most likely the problem. Base cals are generally not even close to being great and often error on the rich side of desired.
Ron

WhipLash96

Quote from: rbabos on November 09, 2019, 03:25:41 PM
It doesn't modify the calibration until you run the data through for a new cal, just tries to target the afr value in the cal. That base cal requested afr could be too rich to start with, even if you do many autotune cal edits. Technically it will be autotuned but engine will not necessarily like it.  What is the afr table look like?  That is most likely the problem. Base cals are generally not even close to being great and often error on the rich side of desired.
Ron

Agreed. This thing is way too rich. I personally think that it ran better without the TT enabled but I guess it isn't too much trouble to go in and reset the fuel trim?
Thanks,
Whip

rbabos

Quote from: WhipLash96 on November 10, 2019, 05:17:54 AM
Quote from: rbabos on November 09, 2019, 03:25:41 PM
Ron

Agreed. This thing is way too rich. I personally think that it ran better without the TT enabled but I guess it isn't too much trouble to go in and reset the fuel trim?
Can you post a pic of your afr table. It all starts there.
Ron

rageglide

You said you enabled TT on the map?  How did you do that?  This is typically done by Dynojet guys or the guys at FM. 

Definitely need to autotune that map for your engine.  I have never found an unmodified canned map to work well, always too rich or ill behaved in some way.

Posting the AFR table would be a good start

rbabos

Quote from: rageglide on November 10, 2019, 12:16:31 PM
You said you enabled TT on the map? How did you do that?  This is typically done by Dynojet guys or the guys at FM. 

Definitely need to autotune that map for your engine.  I have never found an unmodified canned map to work well, always too rich or ill behaved in some way.

I wonder that as well. Doing a compare between cals , enabled and not, I see no differences. Clearly something is done to enable it for WB but not visible.
Ron

rageglide

Quote from: rbabos on November 10, 2019, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: rageglide on November 10, 2019, 12:16:31 PM
You said you enabled TT on the map? How did you do that?  This is typically done by Dynojet guys or the guys at FM. 

I wonder that as well. Doing a compare between cals , enabled and not, I see no differences. Clearly something is done to enable it for WB but not visible.
Ron
Yeah you cannot enable TT with WinPV.  In WinPV you cannot see the differences doing a compare between enabled and not. 

Coyote

If you have access to the hidden tables, you can see the TT stuff.

rbabos

Quote from: Coyote on November 11, 2019, 06:06:13 AM
If you have access to the hidden tables, you can see the TT stuff.
So, how do you find and see these hidden tables?
Ron

Coyote

You need to request it from DynoJet.

rbabos

November 11, 2019, 06:50:34 AM #17 Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:58:57 AM by rbabos
Quote from: Coyote on November 11, 2019, 06:41:15 AM
You must be special. Getting anything out of them is like pulling teeth. I did however find this....
Certified Power Vision Tuners, can make the necessary calibration changes to make Target Tune function.
Ron

WhipLash96

Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

Quote from: rbabos on November 11, 2019, 06:50:34 AM
Quote from: Coyote on November 11, 2019, 06:41:15 AM
You must be special. Getting anything out of them is like pulling teeth. I did however find this....
Certified Power Vision Tuners, can make the necessary calibration changes to make Target Tune function.
Ron
Weird, I have had nothing but good luck with DynoJet. I was going to enable it myself but my laptop is a POS so had DJ do it.   :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip

Sunny Jim

Auto tune it 2–3 times. TT aytotune is very effective.