March 29, 2024, 07:00:19 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Exhaust system for the low rider?

Started by MakoHD, November 05, 2019, 05:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MakoHD

Building a 2020 low rider s for my girl. Trying to make up my mind on what exhaust system to use. I've never tried ones and due to that they are different Lengths then a touring bike I'm trying see what's the best for a 124 I'm putting together. 
Thunder header
D&D
Two brothers
Vance
Bassani
All need to be 2-1.
What puts out the best power?

Mods
124ci
11.5:1
55 screaming eagle runner
540 lift
TTS
Stock heads just springs
Exhaust unknown 

hulkss

I've seen good results with this one from Rinehart Racing:

StevieRay59

Rb Racing 2-1 Black Hole Pipe [attach=0]

hattitude

Quote from: hulkss on November 05, 2019, 08:31:46 AM
I've seen good results with this one from Rinehart Racing:

:agree:

I just switched from a Bassani Road Rage 2-1 exhaust to a Rinehart Racing 2-1 on my '03 Heritage softail... This is my first Rinehart Racing exhaust system.

The Rinehart header is a 3-step design, with really nice welds, the pipes terminate in a collector, that the muffler mounts on. The fit & finish is much better than the Bassani. It fits perfectly, it looks better, and sounds better than the Bassiani.

I run a FuelMoto 2-1 exhaust on my bagger, but really like this Rinehart on my Softail....

IronButt70

December 18, 2019, 06:06:28 AM #4 Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 06:46:05 AM by IronButt70
I have the D&D fatcat on my 17 Softail. Well made with the pipes also ending in a collector that the muffler slips on to. Looks great but it is loud and that finally began to wear on me so I put an E series FM muffler on it. Quieter without any noticeable performance loss according to my butt dyno. Here's a pic with the fatcat muffler. Will post a pic with the FM muffler this afternoon.  [attach=0,msg1327022]
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

MakoHD