April 17, 2024, 06:21:30 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Cam / Exhaust question for 2013 Switchback

Started by rauchman, November 07, 2019, 11:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Also proof of what a hop up along with a crappy tune gets you. Do all the engine work and make it worse than stock!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

r0de_runr

I'm running a stock 2014 Limited 103HO with the Pro Pipe and FP3.  After a good break in (of the pipe) and a bunch of auto-tuning runs I found I just could not stand all that noise.  Very loud.
So I put in the 'quiet baffle" and at first it was quieter, now I'm not so sure.  Perhaps it is but it is still loud.  When I put it in I also selected the quiet baffle  ProPipe calibration in the FP3 and rode it for a while before I started the auto tune.  I tuned it a lot of times, running around the Hill Country, the three sisters, and Interstate.
I have not noticed any loss of power, in fact I feel it pulls harder below 4000 rpm than it did with the standard baffle.  By the way, did you leave the plastic wrap on the baffle packing while you installed it?  Supposed to leave it on, it will melt and allow the packing to fill the space.
As usual, a proper dyno tune will always perform better, but that's another $500 to $1000 depending on your specific situation (tuner, or license, and dyno time).
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.