April 23, 2024, 06:12:54 AM

News:

autotune basic vs target tune

Started by Mikael, November 07, 2019, 12:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikael

Hi all, I've got a question about autotune. I did autotune sessions in basic mode on my fxfbs 114 and recently I installed a target tune. I did autotune with it but results are different for the rear cylinder in the cruising area (VE decreased to 5-15%). For the front one, results are very close in both maps. Does anyone has an advice?

rageglide

O2 sensors in the same location?  Otherwise the biggest benefit to the target tune and "pro" versions of autotune are speed and range of flexibility, and of course TT allowing you to go closed loop using WB sensors.

Mikael

yes, O2 sensors are in the same location. these benefits are the reason I decided to install a TT. When I replaced the narrow band O2 sensors, the rear one was blacker wich left me thinkink basic autotune would make the rear cylinder to work richer. I tried the SEPST with smartuning and it was nearly the same with basic autotune...

rbabos

Basic autotune is just that. Basic and in my view not worth "Potty mouth". It will improve running once it modifies the cal but it has a long way to go for a good tune. TT takes it to the next level.
Ron

Mikael

thanks guy so I'm gonna reinstall my TT.