April 16, 2024, 03:05:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Nitrous form M8?

Started by MakoHD, November 14, 2019, 04:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MakoHD

I'm putting together a nitrous kit for my Lowrider S I'm debating whether to do one single fogger right after the throttle body, Or two fogger direct system. It's going to be a wet system and I am not planning to do more Then 40 shot. Does anyone have any feedback on how one set up will work versus the other or if  Single fogger does not work well with a v twin...

rigidthumper

2 fogger direct system would be easier to "aim" the fuel/Nitrous mix. How do you plan to get fuel to the solonoid? What's the plan to reduce timing when the system is active?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

dsvracer

If you were going to race this bike i would agree that 2 foggers would be slightly better, but if you are going to use it mainly on the street i would use only one fogger. 1 fogger will be much easier to install and easier to get at the jets for changes. the down side of having the two foggers is when the nitrous system is not in use those big foggers in the middle of the port will have negative affects on the air flow. i would start off by using a 25 shot and see how everything is working. what is the rest of the combination going to be ??
any more questions just ask/  dsv

MakoHD

I'm going to use a TTS, D&D exhaust, the screaming eagle runner for the 55 throttle body. The fuel I'm going to get from the new amazing OE fuel line that Harley came up with that is now available in soft tail models. It has a port like the cars do to connect a fuel gauge for diagnostics purpose. So I'll be feeding of That. As for the timing I'm going to have the bike tuned at 12.5 afr and then pull back 4 degrees of timing from 100% throttle. I was also going to get a one step colder plug to see how it would effect the bike on a naturally aspirated run. If it remains the same with the colder plugs or it's a minimal difference I'll keep the colder plug to keep it cool.  The worst that could happen is I toast a piston, at that point it goes up on CI.

dsvracer

so the plan is to tune the bike to 12.5 afr and then you are going to pull out 4 degrees of timing ??  might as well just not put on the nitrous.  how do you think the bike will run when not on the nitrous ? well it is going to be fat and lazy until you turn on the nitrous.
N2O is a stand alone tuning device. tune the bike to run at it's best then add the n2o and tune it, i think you will find that tuning nitrous on a dyno is a losing effort. everyday the weather changes and it will have a different effect on the nitrous.

MakoHD

Been a wet system I shouldn't have to tune it at such a rich afr. I wasn't planning on tuning the nitrous on the dyno, I wondering If just a colder plug and not pulling back the timing would get it done.

jbroski

bigger injectors, one dry fogger, thunder max

Hillside Motorcycle

Have witnessed much more harm, than good with nitrous.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

El Camino - Brazil

Sorry taking so long to answer, but we do a Nitrous Kit down here in Brazil that is very popular for M8. Nice results with a small shot. I think we have more them 10 bikes using it, most of them are with oem pistons. Not a single engine break. I posted a Dyno chart in Dyno section some time ago. Usually 20-30 hp shot.