May 02, 2024, 12:41:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Drag pipes fit slip on.?

Started by hogpipes1, November 20, 2019, 08:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpipes1

Sporty (88) drag pipes , guy wants to cut the drags and put stock  muffs on. I am  gone from the garage for the winter  , so all my treasures are there to  do any measuring . 1-3/4" head pipes , Stock  muff 1-7/8 " inlet .  :scratch: Thanks .

Phu Cat

Dump the drag pipes, they're for those that need attention.  Are you someone that needs to shout:  "Look at me, look at me!"  Not to mention part of your fresh fuel/air charge to the cylinder escapes out the exhaust valve.  To add insult to injury there are more civilians that don't like noisy motorcycle than there are motorcycle riders and they can out vote us.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

hogpipes1

Quote from: Phu Cat on November 20, 2019, 08:53:10 AM
Dump the drag pipes, they're for those that need attention.  Are you someone that needs to shout:  "Look at me, look at me!"  Not to mention part of your fresh fuel/air charge to the cylinder escapes out the exhaust valve.  To add insult to injury there are more civilians that don't like noisy motorcycle than there are motorcycle riders and they can out vote us.

PC
You sure didn't read the what i wanted to know. .Get another shot of jack and wake up.

Hossamania

I don't have your answer, but stock systems are usually pretty available for cheap.
Can your friend do some measurements on what he has? A simple tape measure should get him close. Can he try to slip the muffler over the end of the pipe without too much trouble to check fitment?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

FXDBI

Go to one of the cheap tool outfits and buy one of those plastic verniers they are under 10 bucks and close enough for your use. Toss it in the glovebox when finished with it wont rust and are handy.  Bob

sharkoilfield

I have a pair of SEII mufflers hanging on the wall.  ID of the inlet is 1.75". 

FTBY55

Have a pair of '96 SE Cycle Shack Slash cut slip-ons. They are 1-3/4" I.D.

Breeze

Quote from: hogpipes1 on November 20, 2019, 08:38:34 AM
Sporty (88) drag pipes , guy wants to cut the drags and put stock  muffs on. I am  gone from the garage for the winter  , so all my treasures are there to  do any measuring . 1-3/4" head pipes , Stock  muff 1-7/8 " inlet .  :scratch: Thanks .

Frustrating ain't it??   I have a set of 1 3/4"  unknown brand, drag pipes on the wall. ID = 1 3/4" OUTSIDE dia. = 1 7/8". 
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

hogpipes1

The GUY with the xl  has run into $$$ issues.Newbee and says  he don't know  much about  harley's. Told him to drill a 5-16" hole  1-1/2" or so from end of pipes stright down and put a bolt ,washer, nut , etc . it will give you some back pressure and mid range tq. 
Thought i was B S 'S  but would try it till he comes up with $$ to  get some slip on's.