April 24, 2024, 04:11:56 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

BAKER

Started by Buglet, November 15, 2019, 07:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buglet

What is going on with Baker. I've being waiting on replacement parts, going on two months. I never ran into this before maybe a week or two but not this long. I call a couple weeks ago I won't say what the said but it was nothing bad an I don't want to start anything. It just didn't sound go for a company two give the reason they did. I glad the riding season is over so the customer is of my butt. Is anyone having the same problem.   

calif phil

I have ordered two transmissions and a few other things this month and have not had any issues.  Mark no longer works there, but they took good care of me, always answered the phone. 

Ohio HD

They started last year dragging out orders. The explanation I received was supplier issues. So that can be interpreted several ways, suppliers are too busy, suppliers are broke, Baker is broke, Baker is looking for new suppliers. 

I waited almost four months on a new transmission. However they were prompt to take my money....   

Or none of the above and that's just what they told me.     :nix:

kd

:agree:   X2   :emsad:   Missed my open time slot I set aside for the install and that still has me behind. 
KD

Buglet

November 15, 2019, 07:37:42 AM #4 Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:16:39 AM by BUGLET
   Ohio That's the lines I was thinking, hopefully the one Baker is broke is not the reason. I like there stuff and they always being go to me I have to say 100%. To be fare the parts I need isn't for there common transmission so hopefully it on there suppliers end. The one thing that has me concern is I asked a couple of reps and I get nothing.

kink04fxd

2000 FLHTCI (now carb)<br />1982 FLH

koko3052

Quote from: BUGLET on November 15, 2019, 07:37:42 AM
   Ohio That's the lines I was thinking, hopefully the one Baker is broke is not the reason. I like there stuff and they always being go to me I have to say 100%. To be fare the parts I need isn't for there common transmission so hopefully it on there suppliers end. The one thing that has me concern is I asked a couple of reps and I get nothing.

When the reps say nothing...that spells trouble to me. That is like...say nothing, because you may say the wrong thing & let the cat out of the bag!
They won't get any of my gold until they prove themselves again. :embarrassed:

HighLiner

There was a rumor on another forum that they were bought out.  But we all know how rumors go!

jsachs1

Horrible outfit to deal with .  :down: :down: :down: FWIW, I made them take me off their dealer list.
John

pwmorris

This is not good....
I went thru similar with STD just before they closed their doors. Near the end! Even the foundry wouldn't take orders and make molds for STD without upfront payment. An Australian outfit bought out STD and drove it into the ground in no time. I would stop by the factory and see maybe one or two machines running, with piles and stacks of semi finished and unfinished blanks of all kinds of castings. I got my parts out just in time before they closed their doors but many were not so lucky.
This situation needs to be cleaned up fast and quick one way or another. In the mean time, would I send them money for a part or send in parts for repair?

Propflux01

Do we not have a baker representative on this site? Perhaps he/she can clear some things up. I don't see nary a complaint on the BAKER section of this forum.
A Shovel And A 55-Gallon Drum Can Solve Alot Of Life's Little "Issues"...

geezerglide

At one time I think it was Mark who would post on the website  in the past.

jsachs1

Quote from: geezerglide on November 17, 2019, 08:13:01 AM
Mark isn't there any more. Seems the good guys left.
John

PoorUB

November 17, 2019, 06:00:09 PM #13 Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:49:43 PM by PoorUB
Quote from: jsachs1 on November 17, 2019, 05:07:29 PM
Quote from: geezerglide on November 17, 2019, 08:13:01 AM
Mark isn't there any more. Seems the good guys left.
John

Makes you wonder what has changed in the company for guys to leave, maybe nothing, maybe rats leaving a sinking ship. I never have bought any Baker products, but by the posts I read here it makes me wonder if they are not having some difficulty.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

koko3052

A lot of companies are having difficulty these days but the ones that are upfront & open will keep a following!

Buglet

My Baker parts are finally on they way. I just wish they would of told me how long it was going to be. I'am just happy they made my replacement parts for me in the USA, not China.

CndUltra88

Quote from: BUGLET on November 15, 2019, 07:07:14 AM
   What is going on with Baker. I've being waiting on replacement parts, going on two months. I never ran into this before maybe a week or two but not this long. I call a couple weeks ago I won't say what the said but it was nothing bad an I don't want to start anything. It just didn't sound go for a company two give the reason they did. I glad the riding season is over so the customer is of my butt. Is anyone having the same problem.

Hmm, sometimes the supply chain is on back order and there is no information forth coming  :nix:
Not very helpful, but a plausible answer.
Rob
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Pirsch Fire Wagon

I deal with them a couple times a month. Today in fact. Linda always get's me what i want and usually ship in a couple days. Tell them what I want in an email and usually get an invoice for approval in a couple hours.

I do know some have left for other endeavors these past few years. In both cases they were a Sales and Logistics Positions.

As far as being hard to do business, never experienced that. Guess I'll have to pay closer attention going forward.
Tom

Nastytls

I ordered a grudge box through California Phil a year or so ago and got it quickly. Not sure if something has changed. Hope not, I'd like to upgrade my RG transmission when I go 124".

WhipLash96

Quote from: Nastytls on December 07, 2019, 01:50:44 PM
I ordered a grudge box through California Phil a year or so ago and got it quickly. Not sure if something has changed. Hope not, I'd like to upgrade my RG transmission when I go 124".

Yep, same here. I was 1 of those two transmissions that Phil was talking about in his reply and I got it in really good time. No complaints here. Complete 0D6!
Thanks,
Whip