April 30, 2024, 02:11:22 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

76 FXE Wiring DIA. Needed

Started by hogpipes1, July 02, 2020, 07:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpipes1

I put out there yesterday and its gone.So here we go . harness burned up from battery on. Guy hook ed it up backwards :scratch:  had the bike sense new. So from battery to relay on to sol. New hairiness is lacking some wires . green wire from small term. on relay goes to what term. on sol. same with red from battery to sol .either big term.?Looks like i will be splicing in  a fuse wire coming off the battery + Hope all this did not fry the reg /stator.  hope this is not too confusing.Thanks.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Tom

Appowner

If you're going to rewire it yourself, I suspect most any diagram from that era can work.  I rewired my 77 Sporster running it through the frame and such.  Wasn't difficult at all.  Just break it down to individual circuits and work each one out.  Turn signals, Ignition, brakes, head/tail lights, etc.

hogpipes1

factory manual is small pic, and not clear which termanal wire goes too. REST IS DONE . don't want any smoke test on fire up with an anothers bike.Cateract surge next week so eyes are bad Right now.  Thanks.

thumpr54

If you left the breakers in the circuit I wouldn't think you'd have to worry about smoking your new wiring.....leave one of the battery terminals open...preferably the negative..but either will work....turn the ignition key on to first(ign only..no lights) position...and touch the open negative? terminal to the post to complete the circuit. You'll get an initial spark when contact is made....but will know right away if there's a problem before you smoke anything...then if that passes the 'smoke test' then open the battery terminal again and turn ign switch to second position to turn on the lights...and repeat....
growing old is mandatory-growing up is optional
355 AMS(TAC)DMAFB 73-76 VFW6774

billbuilds

Green wire from starter relay goes to the real small terminal on the solenoid. There are also two large terminals on the solelnoid; wire from the longer of the two goes to the positive terminal of the battery and wire from the shorter one goes to the starter.
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

Appowner

Wiring diagrams readily available on internet.  A trip to Staples or similar should yield a printed copy of a size most anyone can see.  After your surgery of course.  And good luck with that!

hogpipes1

Big mag glass got it done for now.Waiting on new battery from him too drop off.Thanks for the replies.