April 18, 2024, 05:07:11 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Grudge Box cruise control problems

Started by les, November 16, 2019, 10:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les

I just took the first test ride after my Grudge Box install.  Mechanically, working fine.  But I've got a couple of problems.

1. The cruise control only works in 5th gear.
2. The 6 gear indicator light only illuminates in 5th gear, goes off shifting to 6th.

Ohio HD

les

Thank you, OhioHD.  Do you know off the top if I can do this with my SE Pro Race Tuner (the orange module)?

Ohio HD

les

kd

November 17, 2019, 04:32:52 PM #5 Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:01:09 PM by kd
I've been following this thread and want to buy the 56-5084 bearing race for my GrudgeBox.  I didn't know I could use the S&S 56-5089 race and the OEM roller.  I have a new roller but can't find the 56-5089 on the S&S site.  It keeps kicking out the 06 up race no matter what I do.   :banghead:   I do not have my 2011 RGU in the "shop by bike" application.  Anyone else have this issue?  I would like to get one ordered.  Maybe I should call them.  :nix:

Correction:  this was a miss post meant for the GrudgeBox inner primary bearing thread .   :oops:  It looks like Ohio figured it out though.   :up:
KD

Ohio HD

kd

November 17, 2019, 05:56:56 PM #7 Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:13:55 PM by kd
Thx Brian.  I was thinking the same but didn't want to bother him over one small item.  I guess if S&S wants to make it tough to buy .....  :nix:  maybe I'll get a list up for some winter jobs.

It appears I posted my request on the wrong thread so while I'm here I might as well ask if anyone has the TTS values for the GrudgBox ratios that gets the cruise back.  I also have 3.15:1 final ratio with my 49 ego basket and 24 / 57 drive sprockets.  Will that have to be figured into the change?  I'll have to rest the speedo accuracy too.  I'm feeling a little bit challenged with this.
KD