May 03, 2024, 06:53:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Blue dot install

Started by Ironheadmike, December 19, 2019, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironheadmike

Putting a glass blue dot in a tombstone brake light . I've seen where  people have folded the tabs , but you can see them when the tail light is on and it looks like it's taped in . My question is , Can you twist the tabs instead and how hard is it to twist the tabs without messing them up ? Any tricks ?

calif phil

Twisting should work as well as a few dabs of clear silicone.

JW113

When I've done it, did not use the tabs. Only a bead of clear silicone around the chrome bezel, & wipe off excess.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

hardheaded

I like the blue dots , but around here you will get a ticket for running them.

Hossamania

It's funny that now that they are legal here, I don't see them anymore.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

JW113

Of course not, where's the the fun in that? Just like pot's legal here, yet have I bought any?

-JW

Iron horse

Everyone back in the late 70's had them .

Helmwurst

I almost re-ended a guy driving a 39 Chevy coupe street rod last Saturday night on a 2 lane highway. It was late and we were headed home in a brand new car. His rear light were so dim. I would suggest you add a reflector strip somewhere that will get someone's attention on a dark night.

JW113

A '39 Chevy, if stock, has 6 volt electrics and yes dim lights. A bud of mine was rear ended in his Porshe 356 for that reason, 6V and really dim tail lights. Blue dots typically don't dim the tail light, just turns it a purple-ish color.

-JW

Hossamania

A reflector strip is a good idea.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.