May 08, 2024, 05:39:25 AM

News:

Solid Comp Oil

Started by Prostock, November 25, 2019, 10:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prostock

Any recommendations or experiences with different oils with a solid comp and a drag manual chain adjuster?  Bike is a 13 Street Glide pushing 110 HP/TQ.  TIA

Scot

rbabos

Quote from: Prostock on November 25, 2019, 10:41:42 AM
Any recommendations or experiences with different oils with a solid comp and a drag manual chain adjuster?  Bike is a 13 Street Glide pushing 110 HP/TQ.  TIA

Scot
In a case like that, chose a lighter clutch friendly grade of oil. Compensator was the prime reason a gear based oil was preferred because the lube needed good shear qualities. Anything else in there will lube just fine with it eliminated.
Ron

Y2KRKNG

Barnett clutch and cable would say ATF. Me too.
ATP(TurboHarry)95",Mik45,Branch/Mik "Flowmetric" heads,TW55,T.Header 2-1

Ohio HD

Bel-Ray gear saver is the best primary lube I've used to date. Designed for clutches, as well as will lubricate the chain and sprocket better than ATF will. My Barnett clutch actually liked this over ATF. Engagement was more positive, yet more predictable. 

https://www.belray.com/product/gear-saver-transmission-oil/

kd

November 26, 2019, 07:44:15 AM #4 Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:49:52 AM by kd
 :agree:  That or a similar lube should result in fewer metal deposits on the magnet.  Shear quality is still a consideration for the chain and sprockets as well as lubing the adjuster shoe.  Will ATF work?  Of course.  There are better choices though.
KD