March 28, 2024, 06:47:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hard starting

Started by To The Max, November 24, 2019, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To The Max

To any one that may be interested, a few years ago i started a project on a 2007 , 3000 mile old 883 sportster. Apart from the usual mods i installed a hammer 1250 crusher kit which i am totaly happy with except for the hard starting after the bike has been sitting for a few days . i tried everything checked for leakage , tried fitting new batteries and even checked out stronger starter motors. i was about to install de- compressors as a last resort when i cam across the Harley life battery. when i checked them out i found the recomended sporty battery had only a slightly larger cold cranking amps but the softail battery was a 100 cca better and once removed from it's cradle was the same sieze as the sporty battery and the wieght difference astounding. well it now starts easier than when it was a 883 and i no longer loose the clock setting when starting cold or after a week of sitting idle. i hope this helps . Max

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?