April 18, 2024, 03:12:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2004 FLHT Throwing a Code P1375

Started by JDhog211, November 25, 2019, 07:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDhog211

Hey guys, I own a Stock 2004 FLHTI And I'm asking for some insight into a Code P1375 , ( on the data sheet it reads " intermittent secondary front EFI Injector.

Had the bike up too about 95-100 mph with wide open throttle and the engine light came on. After rolling off the throttle the light would go out.
That's when I checked for Codes and found the P1375.

I'm think of a dirty injector something of that nature?
I would greatly appreciate anyone out there that could lead me in the right direction.
Thank you Advance,
Joe
Holding a grudge is like taking poison expecting the other person to die.

kd

Check the wiring to the injector.  That year was known to have a tight harness that would loosen up and sometimes separate or break the wire,  You may have to check continuity. If that's where the problem is, often if its running and you give it the wiggle test it will show up.
KD

JDhog211

KD, thank you for your response. You're referring to the wires going into the connector itself , Correct?

kd

Yes.  I know of one that the wire broke inside the insulation close to the fitting that wasn't found until the wire was manipulated to cause the circuit to break. Because the front harness is so tight, it's usually the front injector that does this. It can happen further away too.
KD

JDhog211

Thanks again KD, I'll be doing some checks tomorrow.

JDhog

calif phil

You can buy the new pigtails at your local GM dealer of most parts stores.   I have repaired many of them with the same issue. 

JDhog211

Calif Phil, thanks for responding. So did you find a break in the wire inside the
the connector itself, or was the connector bad?  Appreciate your assistance.
JDhog

JDhog211

On my original post I mentioned a Code of P1375, got the numbers wrong, it's a P1357. Same thing however referring too an "intermittent secondary front injector"
Don't understand the term "secondary " though.
JD hog

calif phil

The wire usually breaks where it meets the connector pin.   HD didn't leave much extra wire and the tugging on the connector results in a broken or frayed wire.   A new pigtail a few inches longer than the OEM will fix you right up. 

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Not that it matters..... But H-D did have a voluntary recall on that.
Tom

JDhog211

I'll be pulling the tank tomorrow so I can inspect those connectors.
Thanks all for your inputs.
JDhog

eglideic

Quote from: kd on November 25, 2019, 07:17:53 PM
Check the wiring to the injector.  That year was known to have a tight harness that would loosen up and sometimes separate or break the wire,  You may have to check continuity. If that's where the problem is, often if its running and you give it the wiggle test it will show up.

The same thing happened on my 2003 Ultra. I was on the road and had to ride it on one cylinder to a nearby Hardware Store, and figured it out and spliced the wire longer.

JDhog211

Eg,
What part of the wire did you find broken.
Was it an easy fix?
Appreciate your input.

CndUltra88

Quote from: JDhog211 on November 28, 2019, 07:41:49 PM
Eg,
What part of the wire did you find broken.
Was it an easy fix?
Appreciate your input.

Had the same issue on my 02, but it was always at low speed in rush hour traffice at an intersection while commuting in town.
Mine was outside the recall and there was an official test called the "chop stick test "  where the one doing the inspection would probe around the injector wires with the engine running, warm/hottish and see if it would stall or stumble.
Didnt know about the fix as mentioned by Cal.Phil, but thats a gooder ;)
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

JDhog211

Eg,
Thank you for your response.
Much appreciated.

88b

I had the same with my 04 RG it turned out to be the injector itself