March 28, 2024, 06:56:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

76 FXE Project

Started by DA71FX, November 27, 2019, 06:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lee

Quote from: Hossamania on April 28, 2020, 03:54:30 PM
One of my favorites, even if black is faster!
ive got this thing about not lending money to anyone.to much hassle getting it back

Hossamania

Quote from: david lee on April 28, 2020, 04:47:41 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on April 28, 2020, 03:54:30 PM
One of my favorites, even if black is faster!
ive got this thing about not lending money to anyone.to much hassle getting it back

I was referring to the candy apple red. I think you're responding to my tag line.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

DA71FX

More pics coming later today....
93", 71 FX, 93" 56FLH

DA71FX

Here are a few more pics.
93", 71 FX, 93" 56FLH

DA71FX

Just an update, the 76 is back up and just needs a bath
93", 71 FX, 93" 56FLH

Ohio HD

guppymech

The new paint job looks Great!  Is that a FXR Low Rider Custom tank?  My '84 SG came with the same Speed Ball with Eagle Head logo, nice.

Tom
'84 FXE, '02 883R

DA71FX

Thanks everyone, yes it is a FXR Low Rider tank.  Currently the bike has FXR fox shocks, race tech springs and emulators for suspension. The engine is 4.75 inch stroke with 3.5 inch bore. I didn't check to see what the cam is, but it has 155 lbs of cylinder pressure. It currently is running a S&S super E and a power-arc ignition.
93", 71 FX, 93" 56FLH

76shuvlinoff

Nice! I bet that sounds as good as it looks too.  :wink:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Hossamania

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on May 16, 2020, 03:26:26 AM

It does have the proper pipes!

turboprop

Thats a really nice looking trouble head. Congrats.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

crock

Quote from: Hossamania on May 16, 2020, 08:35:41 AM
Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on May 16, 2020, 03:26:26 AM

It does have the proper pipes!

I have very similar pipes and my neighbors love them! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Crock

Hossamania

A Shovel with drag pipes, one of the best sounding motor combos ever.

david lee

Quote from: Hossamania on May 17, 2020, 12:33:05 PM
A Shovel with drag pipes, one of the best sounding motor combos ever.
i second that

Racepres

Don't know how my post above got screwed up...and Too Dumb to fix it...
Sound... #1 nothing sounds like an Iron Harley.... Nothing... not even close IH or Knuck... Pick one.
An Evo and a Shovel sound exactly alike If [Big Word] If the EVo gets Iron Cylinders... like about Half of them at the Drag Strip..But the EVO breathes better... so if you listen... you can hear the difference.
Now, Look at all of the Threads on Performance... then slap some 2 bit Drag pipes on and Wreck all that...
For good old "Sound" a bit of compression and Drag Pipes....and Sound like???? A Racer????
Nah

JW113

I have always thought that Shovelheads have a unique sound as well. Instead of a pop-pop-pop or thump-thump-thump to the tone like Evo/TC, they have more of a chuff-chuff-chuff note. I figured that was due to the big honkin' exhaust valves and port volumes and 45 degree mounted valves.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Racepres

Quote from: JW113 on May 19, 2020, 09:22:14 AM
I have always thought that Shovelheads have a unique sound as well. Instead of a pop-pop-pop or thump-thump-thump to the tone like Evo/TC, they have more of a chuff-chuff-chuff note. I figured that was due to the big honkin' exhaust valves and port volumes and 45 degree mounted valves.

-JW
And Dual Fire don't hurt for the real Sound!!
yes Shovels are a bit distinctive...An EVO with Iron cylinders more than Matches that sound... especially with Compression. but... Not like an Iron Motor... to my Ear, All Iron is very Distinctive Indeed...

JW113

Iron or no, the chatter from the valve train in an Ironhead is distinctive indeed! All those gears and mechanical tappets. Music! Well, cacophony anyway.
:SM:

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

DA71FX

I couldn't agree more, the drags were on it when I got it.... I've always been a fan of 2-1 systems, other than that I have had good luck with cycle shack M- pipes on street shovels. Cycle Shack used to have a 2-1 I liked similar to their PHD212 that both looked good and performed well. It seems like now the options are either thunder headers or R&B....or.......
93", 71 FX, 93" 56FLH

Racepres

Quote from: DA71FX on May 21, 2020, 12:52:54 PM
I couldn't agree more, the drags were on it when I got it.... I've always been a fan of 2-1 systems, other than that I have had good luck with cycle shack M- pipes on street shovels. Cycle Shack used to have a 2-1 I liked similar to their PHD212 that both looked good and performed well. It seems like now the options are either thunder headers or R&B....or.......
The OE Pipe is a very good one...

DA71FX

I do have an OE headpipe, I just need to find a decent collector for it
93", 71 FX, 93" 56FLH

Racepres

Quote from: DA71FX on May 27, 2020, 07:06:40 AM
I do have an OE headpipe, I just need to find a decent collector for it
Must be a 1977 thru 1980 or so 2:1 Huh?

Burnout

They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

DA71FX

Quote from: Racepres on May 27, 2020, 10:38:51 AM