March 29, 2024, 12:20:46 AM

News:

speedometer WOW test

Started by cbobsharley, December 02, 2019, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbobsharley

Howdie. been a while. 2001 E Glide, converted MM to carb, Andrews 21 gear drives, Freedom pipe. I also replaced TSSM with TSM. Bike displayed the 6 flashes yesterday, and found rear turn signal burnt out. R/R bulb. Borrowed a buddies 06 Electrical Diagnostics manual and it references the wow test for the speedometer. Question is the test applicable to 01? I also tried too clear the code by the procedure referenced, but was unsuccessful. Anybody have any suggestions?Thanks 

smoserx1

Some of the bikes back then required the Harley scan tool to clear a historic code after the issue was fixed.  It should go away eventually (on my bike it is 50 "trips".)

cbobsharley

Thanks, I read that somewhere as well, but with cold weather here, be a while before I'll get 50 starts in. I found some info on the internet bout older bikes, but really couldn't tell. I think there was some kind of change to the electrical in 04 that mandated this test to be performed. Just wondering if this failed test isn't allowing me to clear?

Coyote

There is no WOW test for an 01.  You will have to complete 50 start - run cycles to clear the codes.

cbobsharley