March 28, 2024, 12:45:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

AHDRA

Started by dwjohnson, November 10, 2019, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwjohnson

What's the deal with this? I haven't raced this year but I thought the AMRA was changing hands and on the rise.
Anyone know the details? Will they're be two sanctions now and who's running what? I thought Bill Rowe was helping AMRA?  Marty??  Kirby??

prodrag1320

there will be 2 sanctioning bodies,bill was part owner of the amra but split off & bought the ahdra

Racepres

Kirby has the Facts straight... should be a win, win, for the Racers if... if this don't turn into a pecker poking contest about "mines better than yours"....  having the option of 2 different venues is great for the Racers that were crying they don't have enough races...
But Time will tell!!!!!

dwjohnson

Well that sounds good I suppose, but seemed to me the racer, and more so the spectator participation was really fading away. Will there be enough involvement to support two sanctions now?
Really surprised we couldn't all stay and pull together for the same great cause....we will see           

Racepres

Quote from: dwjohnson on November 11, 2019, 02:35:30 PM
Well that sounds good I suppose, but seemed to me the racer, and more so the spectator participation was really fading away. Will there be enough involvement to support two sanctions now?
Really surprised we couldn't all stay and pull together for the same great cause....we will see           
I hear you...and I like what you are saying... but... my take... is that there needs to be Harley Drag Racing events, in more diverse places... in other words... racing in Louisiana, Florida, Iowa, Pennsylvania...all of 'em, kinda keeps the sport alive, and In Yer Face...so to speak... We should never...ever get caught up in who is "better" at it....Only the Racers are "better", "quicker", "faster"... having a legitimate, recognized, sanctioned venue, is how we keep the entire sport legitimate...and in fact...Relative!!!! It is Rare that one Sanction can afford to meet the Need!!!!
Hell... there is actually not enough time for One to be everything... unless you wanna give it a half assed effort like the NHRA
More, more, more... keep it on the Front Page ... headlines are what the younger generation understands...and we desperately need young Blood!!!!!!
They will Not come looking for us... we must go to them.... just the way it has become...
I truly believe this is a Good Thing!!!

turboprop

Quote from: Racepres on November 11, 2019, 07:59:37 PM
Quote from: dwjohnson on November 11, 2019, 02:35:30 PM
I hear you...and I like what you are saying... but... my take... is that there needs to be Harley Drag Racing events, in more diverse places... in other words... racing in Louisiana, Florida, Iowa, Pennsylvania...all of 'em, kinda keeps the sport alive, and In Yer Face...so to speak... We should never...ever get caught up in who is "better" at it....Only the Racers are "better", "quicker", "faster"... having a legitimate, recognized, sanctioned venue, is how we keep the entire sport legitimate...and in fact...Relative!!!! It is Rare that one Sanction can afford to meet the Need!!!!
Hell... there is actually not enough time for One to be everything... unless you wanna give it a half assed effort like the NHRA
More, more, more... keep it on the Front Page ... headlines are what the younger generation understands...and we desperately need young Blood!!!!!!
They will Not come looking for us... we must go to them.... just the way it has become...
I truly believe this is a Good Thing!!!

Right on!
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Breeze

Good post, Racepres.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

pwmorris

Here is the 2020 schedule-

2020 AHDRA schedule

May 15-17 Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, North Carolina, USA

presented by Cox Double Eagle Harley-Davidson

May 30-31 Numidia Dragway, Numidia, Pennsylvania, USA

presented by Vreeland's Harley-Davidson

July 3-5 Cordova International Raceway, Cordova, Illinois, USA

August 10-11 Sturgis Dragway, Sturgis, South Dakota, USA

August 29-30 Napierville Dragway, Napierville, Quebec, Canada

Nitro by invitation

October 2-4 Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, Georgia, USA

October 15-17 Orlando Speed World, Bithlo, Florida, USA

presented by MTC Engineering

November 6-8 World Finals at Gainesville Raceway, Gainesville, Florida, USA

including a $5000 All-Star race on Saturday night and the AHDRA banquet in Gainesville on November 9th

Current classes and sponsors

Top Fuel

Pro Fuel

Pro Dragster

Extreme Gas by GMS Racing Engines

Extreme Bagger by A-1 Cycles

Extreme V-Rod

Pro Mod by T-Man Performance,

Modified by Zippers Performance

Street Pro 9.70 by Vreeland's Harley-Davidson

11.50 by Crete's Performance

ET