April 23, 2024, 02:41:25 AM

News:

2020 8 Lobe Geroter Oil Pump

Started by jamminhd2000, December 03, 2019, 09:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamminhd2000

I'm curious to know who has had problems with sumping on their m8 and then installed the new 8 lobe pump from harley and it solved your sumping issue....jimmy

IronButt70

No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

jamminhd2000

December 03, 2019, 10:08:16 AM #2 Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:14:31 AM by jamminhd2000
Thanks iron butt....I did see that post but was looking for more people that it has worked for.... is this pump the cure all for sumping? I'm looking for everyone's experience who have installed it after having sumping issues on their bike....I had read before that the new backing plate on the harley pump was a fix but in my experience I know that is not the case.....jimmy

RTMike

Have you checked the piston cooling jets for tightness

jamminhd2000

Thanks RT...yes I replaced oiler gaskets with cometic and debured and torqued...all I am really looking for in this thread is who has used the new harley oil pump with success...when I say success I am saying who had a sumping problem then put in the new 8 lobe Harley pump and it solved their problem. In big T's case it has....I am looking for others that have had the same result...thanks again man...jimmy

HD/Wrench

I have seen issues with every set up out there and yes with new 2020 pump . I feel the issue is not just a pump or seal . Brand new 2020 engine I pulled apart cylinders out of round scuffed cylinders and this had 7 miles on it . Crank case pressure is one issue , the oilers on this where tight ,

No idea if it was going to sump as we threw the 114 top end in the dumpster .  QC is not great on these and having to deal with S&S pump Fueling etc the HD 2020 seems to be the least of all evils .

I feel that the swap and " cure" as some want to call it is a band aid for other issues .
SO results that get posted may or may not be valid data at all

scotman623

That's just insane on a bike with 7 miles!!!! I could kinda understand if you said 7000 miles.... QC person must have been on a permanent lunch break!!! That's just unexplainable on the MOCO.... I have my new 19 CVO RG with only 800 miles on it at Hillside right now getting the 128 big bore kit, I had him do the SS pump and cam plate.... I will continue to follow this thread to see what results you get from the original question... Scott
Always look forward...

Mag19

December 14, 2019, 09:28:40 AM #7 Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:41:53 AM by MAG19
I too am in the middle of a build from a SE 117 stage IV kit with 24,000 on it and have issue with keeping at least 16-20oz of oil in the crankcase all the time that had symptoms of sumping. I also had the S&S pump and plate in place as well. Upon tearing down my parts are a mess full of baked on oil/carbon and skirts are worn. Engine was pinging as well before teardown. I'm looking towards the Harley 2020 pump with the current 128build as well. I see that ring clearance seal was not good as my parts reflect this. As far as the oil in crankcase well hopefully this new build corrects things based on tolerances and ring seal and hd pump installed.