Pretty sure I have a bad lifter - quick bleed down- how to diagnose which one?

Started by Shadowbennie, December 04, 2019, 03:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klammer76

Quote from: Shadowbennie on December 11, 2019, 02:24:09 PM
Quote from: mike jesse on December 06, 2019, 03:35:37 PM
For a mild build like yours, I'd install a set of the STD. 2313's and ride it.

I debated this for a few days, ended up just ordering the 2313 w/o limiters from WFO Larry today.

Honestly, the Woods w/o limiters were quiet at the beginning, and my old "C" lifters were also fine with the stock 103HO cams, not that there isn't benefits to having the limiters, but I guess I feel it's not necessary.

I have ACR's so I haven't ever had a problem with cold or hot starts, and while I'll hit 5K+ RPM from time to time, it's not the norm for me.

I suppose I can always add them later on if the need arises.
I have a set of Larry's lifters (2313SE) in my bike with basically the same cam that you have. They have worked well for me.

IronButt70

Quote from: klammer76 on December 15, 2019, 02:08:15 PM
Quote from: Shadowbennie on December 11, 2019, 02:24:09 PM
Quote from: mike jesse on December 06, 2019, 03:35:37 PM
For a mild build like yours, I'd install a set of the STD. 2313's and ride it.

I debated this for a few days, ended up just ordering the 2313 w/o limiters from WFO Larry today.

Honestly, the Woods w/o limiters were quiet at the beginning, and my old "C" lifters were also fine with the stock 103HO cams, not that there isn't benefits to having the limiters, but I guess I feel it's not necessary.

I have ACR's so I haven't ever had a problem with cold or hot starts, and while I'll hit 5K+ RPM from time to time, it's not the norm for me.

I suppose I can always add them later on if the need arises.
I have a set of Larry's lifters (2313SE) in my bike with basically the same cam that you have. They have worked well for me.
FWIW I put a set of 2313SE lifters in when I put the TTS100 cams in 17 softail. 13k miles later and still going strong.
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.