March 29, 2024, 04:12:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

speaker screws for lower fairing pods?

Started by ridentheironhorse, December 05, 2019, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridentheironhorse

So I have decided to replace the glove boxes on the lower fairings of my 2013 ultra limited with speaker pods.  Amazon has options, as well as 6.5" marine speakers, which should do the trick.....   The mounting of the Pod looks very straight forward.  Once in place, it has small holes or dimples for the speak screws to fasten to.....

Can anyone recommend what screws to use?   I don't want to poke through too far, nor do I want them  splitting the pod or coming loose.....  and I'm confident many of you have already sorted this out....  I could really use your advice please.

Thanks in advance.  CJ

lilchief

Are you talking about screws to mount the speakers themselves? If so, I think I used 1" stainless steel screws. I want to say they are #6 or #8's. Been awhile since I did mine.
Lil Chief

eglideic

Quote from: ridentheironhorse on December 05, 2019, 12:50:40 PM
So I have decided to replace the glove boxes on the lower fairings of my 2013 ultra limited with speaker pods.  Amazon has options, as well as 6.5" marine speakers, which should do the trick.....   The mounting of the Pod looks very straight forward.  Once in place, it has small holes or dimples for the speak screws to fasten to.....

Can anyone recommend what screws to use?   I don't want to poke through too far, nor do I want them  splitting the pod or coming loose.....  and I'm confident many of you have already sorted this out....  I could really use your advice please.

Thanks in advance.  CJ

My local hardware store stocks screws that were actually made for use in plastic. I don't know what is special (if anything) about them.