April 24, 2024, 01:02:22 PM

News:

2009 Tri Glide rear shock?

Started by E.T., December 08, 2019, 05:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.T.

I bought a 2009 TriGlide and it rides Rough on any uneven surface and seems all over the road. Will getting rid of the stock HD air shocks improve the ride?? I was thinking Progressive 444 coil shocks ,anyone with an HD Trike have experience with this?? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated,   thanks ,E.T.

92flhtcu

the 444's are a huge improvement, best thing you can do for their re-purposed Servi-Car axle set up(meaning, when will HD put independant in these things)
Need a bigger garage

NHBagger

I run 13" Pro Action shocks on mine with lift brackets.  They now offer a 14" shock and when you buy them, they are setup at the factory for your "normal" weight load.
Also, try running 22#s in the rear tires.

Helmwurst

Put some older corvette rear air shocks on it, and run a line with the shrader valve to a hidden place so you can adjust the pressure when you change the load. They are cheap and will last along time.

Tireman

December 09, 2019, 09:54:09 AM #4 Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:37:11 AM by Tireman
I'm new to the Tri glide crowd myself. With only a few thousand miles on my new to me 2011 I've already bought the Pro Action 14" shocks. They are made close to me in Beaver Falls Pa. A friend has the Legend coil over shocks on his triglide. After I rode his I made my purchase. I couldn't believe how much better the ride was. Also the handling and steering into corners were way better than mine. Either of the coil over adjustable shocks should make a big improvement.
1984 FLHS 80" 57/61  2009 SG Mega Flo 124"152/154
2011 TG Mega Flo 117" 116/127

NHBagger

Once you get the rear suspension where you want it, think about doing 9 degree trees on the front.  They make a big difference in steering effort. Almost like power assisted.  Less strain on the shoulders pushing through corners.

E.T.

Thanks for all the advice , I appreciate this site    :agree: