April 25, 2024, 12:52:19 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Valve Seat Pitting, Opinions Please

Started by guppymech, December 19, 2019, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

January 03, 2020, 06:42:57 AM #25 Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 06:50:39 AM by HD Street Performance
Certainly superior to an old drill press machine but out of the reach of most shops. Probably 60K or so for a Newen which is not to be confused with "Neway" which are hand driven cutters with flimsy pilots. I have all the old stuff and haven't busted them out for so many years I lost count.

Racepres

Quote from: BUGLET on January 03, 2020, 05:27:14 AM
  I though NEWEN was they way to go.
Neway
and Only for cookie cutter production... While I am Positive that a "round" seat like a "machine" can produce is the Pinnacle... Stones are extremely Flexible...And if you only do limited numbers... well... they suit me just fine

cheech

Quote from: Racepres on January 03, 2020, 07:18:26 AM
Neway
and Only for cookie cutter production... While I am Positive that a "round" seat like a "machine" can produce is the Pinnacle... Stones are extremely Flexible...And if you only do limited numbers... well... they suit me just fine

He meant Newen I'm sure. WAY different than Neway. https://www.newen.com/

Racepres

Quote from: cheech on January 03, 2020, 03:50:48 PM
Neway

Hmmm.... Looks like cutting angles on uninstalled seats to me... Nah.....

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

cheech

Quote from: Racepres on January 04, 2020, 05:44:28 AM
Quote from: cheech on January 03, 2020, 03:50:48 PM
Neway

Hmmm.... Looks like cutting angles on uninstalled seats to me... Nah.....

They are redoing their website. So incomplete. But no they aren't for cutting uninstalled seats. A single point cnc controlled seat and guide machine. Supposedly "Nascar" type  technology so to speak. $60K and up or so what I heard.
I don't know if any of the machinist on this site use them or not. If so or if they know more hopefully they can disprove or prove if they have any merits.