March 28, 2024, 07:35:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Knock counts in log file

Started by Matty_d, January 07, 2020, 08:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_d

Wondering if there is someone who would look over my log file and maybe give me some guidance on my tune.

It's pulling up to 8 degrees at times.

Coyote

You posted your tune file, not a log file

Matty_d

jjdalynh

Couple questions on history.....

What was your starting map (if this is a modification of one)?

Did you change the CDE table for the rear cylinder?  I've not seen a TR-590 map for an 09 but the difference between F/R is significant above 3K. 

The rear is the one that's getting the most ping, but the VE for the rear isn't looking like it needs to be increased for fueling.... in fact it appears that it wants to lower the VE for the regions its pinging.   

I'd try a couple things.... maybe drop 1 tooth on the IVO and rerun for VE adjustment and see if that smooths out your map and reduces ping (put CDE back to original if that was modified).

If you are feel like you are already moving in the right direction with the map, you may just try reducing 2 deg in the timing of the advance map between 1500 rpm and 3500 between 50-70 kpa and retry.

Matty_d

It was a tune the was from when Fuel Moto did the dyno when I had a 110ci and a TW-999 cam. Had to rebuild the engine due to crank failure. The tune from FM never seamed right either. After I rebuilt, I had Suburban Speed do the dyno break in and tune. They just used this tune. I haven't done anything to the tune. The log file is from the first longer ride I did after the rebuild and tune.