April 27, 2024, 05:53:49 AM

News:

M8 Cams - Spreadsheet & PDF

Started by Ohio HD, January 04, 2020, 03:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLHMV, CVOKing and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

NHBagger

Quote from: rigidthumper on November 17, 2022, 05:41:39 PMGot any specs & source? Last time I asked Wes, he said not available stateside?

Loess Hills HD in Iowa just did a 107/485 combo. Believe they got the cam from A.P.E and ordered 10 more. Maybe they have info?

Ohio HD

There's also a CR483 Cycle Rama that looks to be only available in OZ. No specs to be found yet. 

Ohio HD

12/15/2022: Added Ward Performance WP475, WP550, WP580 and WP610. The WP475 I have no specs for it.

Ohio HD

12/15/2022: Added T-MAN M8-2652 and M8-3262.

Ohio HD

Uploaded a new cam list.

Added two Andrews cams, M8-465B and M8-485. Compliments of Rigidthumper.        :chop:

Nick L

Zippers Red Shift 472 Cam
Zippers has it listed as 23.5 Intake Close
It is listed here as 19.8 Intake Close

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Nick L

After more looking I see the real early Zippers specs were listed at 053 now they list them at 050 didnt see that at first THANKS

Sunny Jim

I noticed Andrew's added two new cam specs to their list as per this publication. I don't seem to find them anywhere in the market place. Am I missing something here?

rigidthumper

Quote from: Sunny Jim on February 20, 2023, 10:54:37 PMI noticed Andrew's added two new cam specs to their list as per this publication. I don't seem to find them anywhere in the market place. Am I missing something here?

They were released at the NVP show a couple weeks ago. New item in the Mid USA, WPS, Drag Specialties, and other catalogs.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

dglide20

I am looking for the specs on the cycle-rama CR485 and the CR483 if anyone has them...

Mattls6

Quote from: dglide20 on March 03, 2023, 06:17:33 AMI am looking for the specs on the cycle-rama CR485 and the CR483 if anyone has them...

No cam card was included with the CR483 I have sitting around, but I have partial specs for both handy:
483 = 214/260 duration, .483"/.480" lift, 21 degree IVC.
485 = 230/246 duration, .485" lift, 36 degree IVC, 25 degrees overlap.
Handful of hot rod Sportsters and Softails

yobtaf103

Quote from: rigidthumper on November 17, 2022, 05:41:39 PMGot any specs & source? Last time I asked Wes, he said not available stateside?
APE/CR485 36 ivc available US
APE/CR515 36 ivc (new high lift version 485) all else same events production a month out

Ohio HD

We've moved the M8 cams list to the link below. One interactive sheet for both Twin Cam and M8 cams.
Click for HTT Design Tools

Sunny Jim

May 05, 2023, 05:08:19 PM #39 Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 01:34:42 PM by FSG
Quote from: Ohio HD on April 12, 2023, 01:11:33 PMWe've moved the M8 cams list to the link below. One interactive sheet for both Twin Cam and M8 cams.
Click for HTT Design Tools

Are we likely to see more cam models added to this extensive list ? Eg. Wood 22XE

Ohio HD

Quote from: Sunny Jim on May 05, 2023, 05:08:19 PMAre we likely to see more cam models added to this extensive list ? Eg. Wood 22XE

If Bob Wood publishes the specs they can be added. I suspect that he's joining the crowd that doesn't supply cam specs to the public.

HD/Wrench

June 18, 2023, 07:34:33 AM #41 Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 05:04:38 AM by rigidthumper
I can tell you that I have found several cams are not following the CCP vs cam specs . Just did a cam that was no specs deal . Showed 235 at 10.8 on calculated ..  real world 265  :wtf: . Cam vendor could not supply supporting data on CCP .  even though 11.1 was stated to be fine .  Hard pass cam has to come out now.... I have been testing the 485&465B from Andrews nice results .

Sunny Jim

Quote from: HD/Wrench on June 18, 2023, 07:34:33 AMI can tell you that I have found several cams are not following the CCP vs cam specs . Just did a cam that was no specs deal . Showed 235 at 10.8 on calculated ..  real world 265  :wtf: . Cam vendor could not supply supporting data on CCP .  even though 11.1 was stated to be fine .  Hard pass cam has to come out now.... I have been testing the 458&465B from Andrews nice results .

I have had a similar experience with a popular cam. Way more ccp than calculated on several engine displacement calculators.

SpectrumWizard

I'm new to the forum and not so familiar with who I am replying too, maybe everyone but oh well. I wanted to mention that on the M8 Cams listed for the STAR F35a information the IO is 10 BTDC but the calculator shows 0. The lobe lift shows 0.347 and should be 0.357 and the cam timing opens/closes @0.50. 

As well, the lobe lift on the 30/30 shows 0.294 in the calculator but his email says .303 lobe lift.

As well the information on the 3/4 and full race. Might be that the 0.53 for cam timing not being the 0.50 that George is saying is the issue.

I just received this from George Bryce a couple days ago. Don't know what it's worth but wanted to bring it out. I can follow up with Georges email if you need it. Thanks.

Ohio HD

I appreciate your effort to help with Star Racing cam specs, but here is why they read what they read.

Star doesn't publish their cam specs. And I respect George's prerogative to do that. That being said, this is a tech site, so we try to offer information that we have to others.

When there are zero values in the specs, it's because it's unknown. Unless there has been direct info from the manufacturer, we don't place a value.

Cam timing @ 0.050" or 0.053" will only change the values slightly. 0.053" is the HD standard since Tom Sifton started using it. That 0.003" lift difference doesn't change the timing more than a degree or two if that.

Cam lobe lift, that's calculated from the manufactures valve lift specification and the rocker arm ratio. Rocker arm ratio is not a certainty based on the info below.

SE cam specs are based on a theoretical rocker arm ratio of 1.65°.
S&S sells roller rocker arms and say they're a ratio of 1.64°.
Feuling says their cam specs are based on a rocker arm ratio of 1.61°.

So you see it's not certain. We use the HD estimated ratio of 1.65°.

Also please do not post a personal correspondence from George Bryce. I respect his privacy and I'm sure he doesn't intend it to be published on the open Internet.

Ohio HD

Another zero specs cam on the market. This one is from HPI, their JLR-478. I mean no specs, not even lift. 

https://www.horsepowerinc.net/m8-camshaft

Tail Ridr

At first I thought it might be a rebranded Dave Mackie 478, but I see it states a collaborative effort by T-Man
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

biggzed

That's beyond no spec. They don't even give a description of what to expect. LOL

Zach

Quote from: Ohio HD on January 02, 2024, 03:58:58 PMAnother zero specs cam on the market. This one is from HPI, their JLR-478. I mean no specs, not even lift. 

https://www.horsepowerinc.net/m8-camshaft

biggzed

CycleRama has replaced the CR480 with the CR480MT. I just bought one over the holiday. No specs were supplied with the cam. Not sure it is worth updating the sheet with the MT version or not.

Zach

Ohio HD

It's not, I'm not adding anymore no spec cams. It serves no use to anyone here.