April 18, 2024, 01:56:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Air Filter Kits

Started by Skin, January 05, 2020, 05:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skin

January 05, 2020, 05:09:47 AM Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:24:20 AM by FSG
Kid bring this 2019 bike to the shop, Dad got drunk and wrecked it for him, owned it a month. Anyway, I just work on them and don't get into the fads. Kid wanted this on his bike and of course I'll put it on and it is his bike and his likes so I'm not condemning him or his taste in aftermarket parts, hell I'm sure there are parts on my bike he wouldn't like, not the point. The point is and this is the same with cam covers and other but I really like the looks of this bike except the clear cover. Is it just me?

[attach=0,msg1328916] 

[attach=1,msg1328916] 

smoserx1

QuoteThe point is and this is the same with cam covers and other but I really like the looks of this bike except the clear cover. Is it just me?

Not just you, I don't like them either.

FSG

not my cup of tea but to each his own

Justpassingas

I wouldn't run it...its fugly but who am I to say.
For Duty and Humanity

Hossamania

At least it's not a Hypercharger!

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Leed

Not just you.  I agree with everyone else.  It's ugly.

Leed

Quote from: Hossamania on January 05, 2020, 09:24:58 AM
At least it's not a Hypercharger!

But, but Hyperchargers make the bike go faster...  :hyst:

jls 64

Quote from: Leed on January 05, 2020, 09:25:56 AM
Not just you.  I agree with everyone else.  It's ugly.

:agree:  IT IS UGLY!!

js

PoorUB

It is a Road Glide, what difference does it make, it is ugly already! :hyst:

As for the AC, nope, Not my cup-o-tea either.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

Quote from: PoorUB on January 05, 2020, 10:16:28 AM
It is a Road Glide, what difference does it make, it is ugly already! :hyst:

Like I was typing it myself!

Cozz

Looks home made cobbled together. Would not use. :turd:
2004 Electraglide Ultra Classic

Skin

Poorub, You need to have your morning coffee before 10 am, at least Hoss refrained to comment on RG's in his first post. See what you did? Got him all riled up. LOL. I'm just glad you didn't call my RG ugly. Of course if you did, it don't bother me none. Have fun.

Breeze

Is it a camera angle, or is it way off-center? If it is, why?  Being it's on a RG, it is like a boil on an ugly girl's neck. People will notice, but not comment.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

smoserx1

I don't think the camera angle could get it that off center, especially in the horizontal direction.

PoorUB

Quote from: Skin on January 06, 2020, 03:34:26 AM
Poorub, You need to have your morning coffee before 10 am, at least Hoss refrained to comment on RG's in his first post. See what you did? Got him all riled up. LOL. I'm just glad you didn't call my RG ugly. Of course if you did, it don't bother me none. Have fun.

Sorry, but I wasn't referring to your Road Glide, I was referring to ALL Road glides! :hyst:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Skin

Ok cool at least you weren't profiling. LOL

CndUltra88

Hey man, where are the flashing disco lights in that filter ?
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

jls 64

Sorry, but I wasn't referring to your Road Glide, I was referring to ALL Road glides! :hyst:
[/quote]

:hyst: :hyst:
js

IronButt70

That clear cover doesn't really go well with and all black bike. No thanks. What is that all over the foot rest?
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Hossamania

rigidthumper

Quote from: IronButt70 on January 06, 2020, 06:34:05 AM
That clear cover doesn't really go well with and all black bike. No thanks. What is that all over the foot rest?
Dirt
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

calif phil

I like the Trask air cleaners.   I would run one.   I don't like the M8 offset look, but they look great on TC's

IronButt70

Quote from: rigidthumper on January 06, 2020, 06:49:06 AM
Quote from: IronButt70 on January 06, 2020, 06:34:05 AM
Dirt
Of course.  :doh: Don't have that color of dirt here
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

fbn ent

I personally don't like it. The one thing that might be cool is to get an artist to paint a $100 bill being sucked into the intake.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

hattitude

I don't like the see-thru cover, clear cover choices... I think they are all ugly...

And consider this clear cam chest cover will cost you $400...

Don't get it, don't like it....

Hossamania

A friend of mine had the clear covers for the cam and derby covers, can't remember if he did the air cleaner.. They cracked and leaked, replaced on warranty (which RSD did not want to do), cracked and leaked again. Back to stock.

MikeL

At WOT all can see the reversion plume emanating from the throttle body. Will the see through material become stained?

MIKE 

Hossamania

Quote from: MIKEL on January 06, 2020, 09:33:24 AM
At WOT all can see the reversion plume emanating from the throttle body. Will the see through material become stained?

MIKE

More than likely, unless you remove it regularly and clean and polish it. Even then, no guarantees.

Hossamania

Bagger

The Trask A/C gives the bike a hot rod look, I like it. :chop:

hbkeith

I give him credit for not following and doing what he likes

koko3052

kd

KD

SixShooter14

Looks...unfinished, to me. It would definitely look better if centered, or with a nice black/highlight cover.

I used to like the all black look. But now, I like the black with machined highlights better. But of course my own bike is all chrome. go figure
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Hossamania

Quote from: hbkeith on January 08, 2020, 12:47:14 AM
I give him credit for not following and doing what he likes

Agreed. If everybody did it the same way, they'd all be the same.

adayrider

I'm going to use one of these. I was told by a tuner they tune really well but I'm no tuner. The throttle body aren't centered on M8's so the clear "window" makes it very noticeable. Never paid attention to my 88TC if it was centered. I'm not a fan of the clear window but bought it for performance recommendations. Figure I can always put a sticker or whatever on it if I decide to. I think it looks better than those donkey d1ck things most guys use though.  :fish:

SixShooter14

Personally, I went with an Arlen Ness "Big Sucker"

It looks a bit similar to the one shown, but without the clear cover.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Blazing Saddles

Now if it only had "Ride to Live - Live to Ride " etched on it. Then it would be cool -NOT!! LOL

Bagger

January 14, 2020, 09:54:05 AM #38 Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:33:37 AM by Bagger
 On the TC bikes TB opening is not centered as seen on my bike.  And with close to 2000 miles on air cleaner, it's still clear as new.