May 01, 2024, 09:58:38 AM

News:

camshaft identification

Started by Trev T, February 08, 2020, 05:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trev T

acquired a set of camshafts from an 08 road king. I believe they are part of a screamin eagle kit. there are no markings on either end of the camshafts, only on the center between the lobes. any help would be appreciated, the base circle measurement is approx, 1.208 and the height of lobe to base is approx. 1.250 the lobes are more oval than egg shaped.   

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Trev T

here are the ends of the cams, I have seen several makes of cams. It boils down to either S&S or Andrews made. I am thinking andrews ground these. 

rigidthumper

February 10, 2020, 09:56:06 AM #3 Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:07:51 AM by rigidthumper
Not stock- stock 07 and newer TC cams have 1 dot/2 dots stamped into the side of the lobes, and are pressed on.
These are billet cams ( ground from blank) that have control numbers etched on them.
I believe they may be test cams that got out, because production pieces have to be easily identified by laymen.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Trev T

I have an e-mail into Harley to see if they can Identify these also, I have no way of finding out the rest of the components used with the cams, thank you for your input. If I do find out what these are I will post the answer and end this mystery.

kd

It would be nice to run the lobe timing and lift specs off on a cam profile tool like Max built.  If it's performing well it may be good to know info.
KD