April 24, 2024, 10:44:25 PM

News:

61911-95 fuel hose

Started by motorhogman, January 10, 2020, 07:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhogman

I'm starting on replacing my lifters. Removing the fuel tank noticed the fuel line is getting hard.
Looked it up on Ronnie's parts look up.  No price ?  Maybe a discontinued part ? 

I searched here and found a list Truck made for his FI to carb conversion.  $50.55 back in 2009 for that little preformed hose...

Not finding any new pn' s for it.

Anyone replaced this hose recently ? 

Maybe a work around ?

where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

hogpipes1

January 10, 2020, 08:53:15 AM #1 Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:59:52 AM by hogpipes1
Auto parts  store has fuel line sold by the ft.Just bring your in to measure up . two types of line , FI and reg low pressure carb line. Any sharp bends in  the line you can run a spring , like a door closing sping over the hose at the bend. Maybe there is  more to your line, but i never had a issue with a fuel line R &R.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Texas   Dealer   Location   Phone(P)/Fax(F) Victoria Harley-Davidson   Victoria   P-(361) 575-7881
F-(361) 575-5115
Tom

motorhogman

January 10, 2020, 10:03:51 AM #3 Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:35:27 AM by motorhogman
Quote from: hogpipes1 on January 10, 2020, 08:53:15 AM
Auto parts  store has fuel line sold by the ft.Just bring your in to measure up . two types of line , FI and reg low pressure carb line. Any sharp bends in  the line you can run a spring , like a door closing sping over the hose at the bend. Maybe there is  more to your line, but i never had a issue with a fuel line R &R.

Thanx for the suggestion.

I have fuel line on the shelf.  Just that this has some good bends  in it.  Carb'd 01 FLHT.  Haven't taken it off the carb end yet to get a good look.

I read somewhere a while back you can make your own formed hoses using a heat gun.  Never tried though.
If that little length of hose is $55.00 I'll be trying some different things.

Thanx again..just took off the old line and put a new piece of line in.  Bends are not nearly as severe as I thought.  It will work fine. 

motorhogman

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on January 10, 2020, 08:54:08 AM
Texas   Dealer   Location   Phone(P)/Fax(F) Victoria Harley-Davidson   Victoria   P-(361) 575-7881
F-(361) 575-5115

Thanx
May go that route if local source or work around won't work..

smoserx1

I have replaced mine several times.  You don't need that ridiculously priced preformed hose.  Regular 1/4 inch fuel line works fine.  I think you need 13 inches...not sure and you can reuse the split loom wrap from the old line; it will help "preform" the regular hose all you need.  If your carburetor has one of those black plastic elbow inlets, take a razor blade or utility knife and slit the old line the lengthwise the distance of the elbow so it will come off easily and not break the fragile elbow inlet.  If you want to replace the crossover line at the same time I believe it is 5/16 inch, and I believe even Harley only sells that by the foot.  And finally the first time I replaced mine I used plain old worm type hose clamps.  you will thank yourself the next time you need to remove one.

Hossamania

I also used regular fuel hose on my '01, but ended up using another piece of hose split the long way and wrapped around the hose to protect it. Before I did that I had found that it had been lightly touching some piece of the bike (motor mount?) and had almost rubbed through. Make sure it is properly routed to prevent abrasion.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

motorhogman

Quote from: smoserx1 on January 10, 2020, 11:36:52 AM
I have replaced mine several times.  You don't need that ridiculously priced preformed hose.  Regular 1/4 inch fuel line works fine.  I think you need 13 inches...not sure and you can reuse the split loom wrap from the old line; it will help "preform" the regular hose all you need.  If your carburetor has one of those black plastic elbow inlets, take a razor blade or utility knife and slit the old line the lengthwise the distance of the elbow so it will come off easily and not break the fragile elbow inlet.  If you want to replace the crossover line at the same time I believe it is 5/16 inch, and I believe even Harley only sells that by the foot.  And finally the first time I replaced mine I used plain old worm type hose clamps.  you will thank yourself the next time you need to remove one.

Thanx.

10-4 on all points.  already have the worm clamps from previous tank r&r.  Replaced the cross over a couple of times already. 

motorhogman

Quote from: Hossamania on January 10, 2020, 11:52:23 AM
I also used regular fuel hose on my '01, but ended up using another piece of hose split the long way and wrapped around the hose to protect it. Before I did that I had found that it had been lightly touching some piece of the bike (motor mount?) and had almost rubbed through. Make sure it is properly routed to prevent abrasion.

Thanx

reused the old protective plastic tubing over the new hose. It will work out fine.  Yes it will rub on that top engine mount bracket a little.

I gotta get going on changing my lifters now.