April 26, 2024, 04:22:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New H-D 128-131 kits

Started by VernDiesel, January 14, 2020, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

Quote from: Hossamania on January 29, 2020, 06:32:39 PM
One more reason that I'm really thinking Boss Hoss if I have to go trike. Just blast the throttle and hang on. Steer by throttle, turn left, twist throttle, counter steer right like I'm drifting in the dirt.

For that reason alone, I will hold onto our sidecar rigs.  I still use one and the little short girl I'm with has been all mover on the Ultra.  Maybe you could find a rig for your RK.  You'd look good on a classic combination like that.   It'll be a true beer and grocery getter while extending your season too.
KD

Hossamania

One more reason that I'm really thinking Boss Hoss if I have to go trike. Just blast the throttle and hang on. Steer by throttle, turn left, twist throttle, counter steer right like I'm drifting in the dirt.
Then have a wheel catch, go tumbling over causing some expensive damage, get some help to flip it back on its wheels, and quietly have a friend take me to the hospital to repair my destroyed shoulder.

you missed my mod to my post. Should work out fine...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Hossamania

I have always liked the sidecars, been looking at two wheel drive Urals for a long time. Good winter vehicle.

kd

Quote from: Hossamania on January 29, 2020, 06:40:03 PM
Then have a wheel catch, go tumbling over causing some expensive damage, get some help to flip it back on its wheels, and quietly have a friend take me to the hospital to repair my destroyed shoulder.

you missed my mod to my post. Should work out fine...

:hyst:  I shouldn't laugh at that but it's pretty damn funny and I can see it happening .... like slooowww motion.   :missed:
KD

Buglet

Hoss   Before you buy a Ural I would suggest you that one out for a couple of days. All I can say is there are different. Just as you are not in a hurry you be good. I have a small collection of sidecars, if I'am in a hurry I take the Bimmer that cruises at 90-95, the next is the Harley which 38 years old and that will cruise between 75-80 on a all day. The Ural is good for about 45-55. 

Hossamania

Yup, I've ridden one, it was a handful at speed. The appeal for me is the two wheel drive feature for winter and light off road riding.

JW113

Quote from: hd06myway on January 26, 2020, 07:31:14 AM
Nice to see the haters and doubters come out into the light  ... why dontcha all go ride somethin' else ..

Don't confuse dissatisfaction for hate and doubt. If there weren't enough of us out here bitching about what Harley-Davidson has to offer, why would they ever try to do better? So I guess you can thank the haters and doubters for the SE-131, right?

Speaking of sidecars and Urals...

Don't mean to hijack this thread. But this is a really good read if you have a little time. From a guy I used to know from Ken Dyke's Harley Email Digest years ago.

http://www.aedst.org/Members/mullie/

Steering back to on topic...

Hoss what  you need is one of those Ural side hacks with a SE-131 in it. Turbocharged. Now that would be a handful!

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Hossamania

JW, it's like we grew up together!