April 18, 2024, 01:22:22 PM

News:

Rear axle change for 2020?

Started by HogMike, January 15, 2020, 01:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMike

It's looks like the rear axle on my 2019 limited has a new part number. There is a visual difference in the shape of the adjustment snails.
I'm not sure of the swing arm changes (if any) but mine were replace as a set.

Maybe someone can look up the part numbers? I don't have 2020 parts books.
:idunno:
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

road-dawgs1

Yes, changed axle in 2020. You can read about it on the 2020 MY tech forum found in the appropriate section here at HTT. PN# 43000207
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

PoorUB

it says the axle nut torque has increased also. Anyone know what it is? I have been torquing the nut to 125 ftlbs for years to keep the axle from moving.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

HogMike

Quote from: PoorUB on January 15, 2020, 04:33:43 PM
it says the axle nut torque has increased also. Anyone know what it is? I have been torquing the nut to 125 ftlbs for years to keep the axle from moving.

Don't know what I'm at now for final torque, I'll have to check but with the old (2019} axle we were at 150 and still had movement.
My situation may be unique given my past bad luck! But it doesn't hurt to keep a check on belt tension.

Bearings may be a related issue also, coming apart at 6000 miles. seems to me it's all related somehow?
Our service department is being more proactive trying to get this new bike sorted out.
:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal