April 19, 2024, 04:22:07 PM

News:

New exhaust

Started by PJultra, April 12, 2020, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJultra

98 Ultra, no engine work, CV carb with 170/42 jetting, Ness air box, V&H slipons with stock headers, EV13 cam.
I just ordered a Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust.
How will this effect my jetting? And with this setup, would it be better  to change cam to an EV27?
98 Ultra Classic  FLHTCU<br />78 Low Rider FXS

Hossamania

If you like the 13, no reason to change cams. Your jetting may need to be changed, it may not. Put the exhaust on and see how it goes. You can then experiment with different jets, maybe a 45, maybe a 180, maybe not either. An afr gauge would make it easier to diagnose.
Start with your idle mixture screw.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

JW113

The EV-27 probably won't buy you much, suggest stick with the EV-13. Far as jetting, almost impossible to do over the interweb. In general, a 42 pilot is kind of small but if it's not popping on de-accel, then leave it. As Hoss stated, make changes one at a time, i.e. the exhaust, then tune it if it needs it.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

PJultra

98 Ultra Classic  FLHTCU<br />78 Low Rider FXS

bobrk1

I  ran that  cam ,nice  ran good  on 87 never  seemed to  get  hot. I had  a  45 slow  and  180 with  a  different  air  filter  and  slip on , do  you  have  the low speed screw to adjust ?  Its  at back  of  carb  it has  a   plug  covering  it you  need  to  drill  a small  hole  in  it  then  put  in  a  sheet  metal  screw a little  bit  so you  can  pull  it  out ,  turn  it out about  2 1/2 turns you  can  go another  half  turn  either  way  to  adjust  it, if you  need  to  go out  more  low jet needs to go up, same  thing  turning  it in, for  high  speed  jet go about  65 and  go wide  open  count to 3 then back  off 1/8  on the  throttle  if you  feel  it pull you're  lean . Takes a  little  time  but  not  to bad  good  luck