Preparing to refresh my first top-end, pics and questions

Started by SixShooter14, January 16, 2020, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixShooter14

Alrighty, I'm at about 575 miles and just changed the oil again. Was going to change it earlier, but I didn't expect to put 300 miles on last weekend. Before I left, I adjusted the clutch, cable, and throttle cables. As well as replaced that pilot air screw and got it happy at around 1.75 turns out, which seems reasonable from what I've read. She's running pretty good, it's a bit too easy to hit 90mph when you wrap up 4th gear. Once I get a few hundred more miles, then I'll start looking into tuning the carb or having it dyno tuned, but of course, I gotta fix that trans leak before it goes on a dyno.

Still got the small trans leak, but I can deal with that for a little while. It leaves a half-dollar sized spot when parked. But it's sunny and 75, so I'm not going to worry about it for now. If more things pop up and she gets down for whatever reason, then I'll change the belt and all those trans and primary seals.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Pete_Vit

Quote from: SixShooter14 on April 21, 2020, 05:30:24 PM
Alrighty, I'm at about 575 miles and just changed the oil again. Was going to change it earlier, but I didn't expect to put 300 miles on last weekend. Before I left, I adjusted the clutch, cable, and throttle cables. As well as replaced that pilot air screw and got it happy at around 1.75 turns out, which seems reasonable from what I've read. She's running pretty good, it's a bit too easy to hit 90mph when you wrap up 4th gear. Once I get a few hundred more miles, then I'll start looking into tuning the carb or having it dyno tuned, but of course, I gotta fix that trans leak before it goes on a dyno.

Still got the small trans leak, but I can deal with that for a little while. It leaves a half-dollar sized spot when parked. But it's sunny and 75, so I'm not going to worry about it for now. If more things pop up and she gets down for whatever reason, then I'll change the belt and all those trans and primary seals.
:up: nice , enjoy !
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch