April 28, 2024, 07:01:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Trap Door Bearing C3?

Started by dynabagger, February 18, 2020, 08:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dynabagger

I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not a #8992A trap door bearing is a 6304 C3 clearance or standard clearance or C4 for that matter?
2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

Dan89flstc

That bearing will work fine.

However, nothing wrong with the OEM bearing from the dealer.

Some bearings are much cheaper from a bearing supply house, but some are cheaper from the dealer.

I have found transmission bearings from the dealer to be the least expensive, and they are high quality parts.

Always beware of online vendors for bearings, the market is contaminated with counterfeit junk.
US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

dynabagger

Quote from: Dan89flstc on February 27, 2020, 06:52:47 AM
That bearing will work fine.

However, nothing wrong with the OEM bearing from the dealer.

Some bearings are much cheaper from a bearing supply house, but some are cheaper from the dealer.

I have found transmission bearings from the dealer to be the least expensive, and they are high quality parts.

Always beware of online vendors for bearings, the market is contaminated with counterfeit junk.

Thanks Dan, I ended up with OEM. Just wanted to know in case I ordered from another vendor whether it was C3. Can't tell from the numbers on the OEM bearing.

2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R