How to upload existing map from TTS to make changes ?

Started by 53bulldog, January 20, 2020, 12:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53bulldog

Hello friends , can someone give me instructions on how to upload the map from my bike so I can make some changes ? The bike has been tuned from a reputable shop but still have a little decal popping . Haven't been riding for 2 years since the big move and like to get back into it . It's a 2006 Streetglide 120 inch , tune runs open loop .  Just can't stand the popping when going down mountain hills . The shop has since gone out of business !!

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rigidthumper

If you haven't, download the software, and run the updater http://mastertune.net/downloads/applications/current/SoftwareUpdater-Setup-Web-v2.2.3.exe
After installing software, open "MasterTune2-HD"
Connect cables to computer, VCI, and bike. Key on, run/stop switch in run position
Click on "file"
Click on "load file from interface"
click on "load tuning file" (MT7, 8 or 9)
once it's downloaded, save as a file name easy to remember, like "2006FLHX120"
When you edit that map, save the edited versions as 2006FLHX120ver2, ver3, etc, so you always have the basemap to go back to if something goes haywire

53bulldog

Really appreciate that , just turned 54 ,and use to really get into this hot rodding Harleys but for some reason lost my passion .  But a friend at work was asking about Timken upgrade , head work ...... and found myself getting the burning feeling back . But this damn decal popping through the boarzilla pipe has to go !!!!

rigidthumper

Check the exhaust gaskets- more popping from them than anything else.