April 16, 2024, 12:25:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Wavin' from SW FL USA

Started by hywystar, January 24, 2020, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hywystar

Greetings and Respect to all my brothers and sisters out there in the wind who live the life and share the road. My first motorcycle experience was in 1968 at the age of 5 when a family friend put me on the back seat and told me to hang on,.......been hooked ever since. Got my first ride in '85-a stock '72 Sportster, which didn't stay stock for long. My second one was a '76 Sportster which also got chopped down to the bare essentials. My third and current '92 Softail has seen 39 states over the last 25 yrs.-racked up nearly 70K miles, and is about to get chopped too. Just gettin' too old for the long cross-country trips, and wanna keep things local now.
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Arkansas.

Sounds like you've been around a bit.

Last winter I traded my '92 Softail off for my '97 King. I'm getting ready to branch out from the local stuff and start crossing this great country.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

skunk

Welcome to the forum from a previous Cape Coral resident. I remember when it only had 2 traffic lights, and no city PD, just the LC sheriff's (rarely seen) and small planes would land late at night on the roads north of P I road. Fun times.
  A lot of great info here.

Leed

hywystar

Quote from: skunk on January 25, 2020, 07:32:26 AM
Welcome to the forum from a previous Cape Coral resident. I remember when it only had 2 traffic lights, and no city PD, just the LC sheriff's (rarely seen) and small planes would land late at night on the roads north of P I road. Fun times.
  A lot of great info here.
Thanks for the shout back. You should see "The Cape" now-More traffic lights than ever, $110,000,000 cop shops, small planes only at 1,000 ft. en route to Page Field in FM, P.I. Rd is nothing but strip malls with restaurants and businesses, and if you want to cross town during snow bird season-leave yourself lots of time. I think the current population is around 175,000.

hywystar

Quote from: SixShooter14 on January 24, 2020, 07:14:03 PM
Howdy, welcome from Arkansas.

Sounds like you've been around a bit.

Last winter I traded my '92 Softail off for my '97 King. I'm getting ready to branch out from the local stuff and start crossing this great country.
Howdy back SixShooter, yeah so many beautiful places to see, especially once you cross the Mississippi River and get out West. Do it while you're still young, I'm glad I did.

hywystar

Quote from: Leed on January 25, 2020, 08:04:37 AM
Hi and welcome from Texas!
Texas was one of my favorites! Just incredible scenery once you ride north outta Abilene on SR83, especially north of I-40 to the OK border. Took some great pics.

harttoo