April 24, 2024, 04:52:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

best tool for abs

Started by moose, January 26, 2020, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

January 26, 2020, 01:21:48 PM Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:30:23 PM by Coyote
for home use on a 2011 ultra limited what is the best tool to use for doing abs brake bleeding 
Moose aka Glenn-

markymark

road-dawgs1

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: road-dawgs1 on January 26, 2020, 05:31:17 PM
IT Mercenary scan tool is cheaper than Daytona. http://infotechmercenary.com/product/itm-hd1-abs-flush-utility/

Couple things...

That tool seems to be a one trick pony, whereas the Daytona does many things. It's also preloaded on a cheap Android tablet.... No other purchase options.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

moose

only looking for brake flushing has anyone used the cheaper one    can't swing the more expensive one on daytona site it's almost 900 bucks
Moose aka Glenn-

rbabos

Quote from: moose on January 27, 2020, 04:42:05 AM
only looking for brake flushing has anyone used the cheaper one    can't swing the more expensive one on daytona site it's almost 900 bucks
The cheaper one is all you need if only a tool for the brakes. Twinscan while nice, who the hell needs all of the extra features. I have the Twinscan2 ABS, only because it was all available at the time. I use one small feature for brakes only and none of the rest. Most of us have other tuning devices for the other stuff we need. Jason's tool on the infotechmercenary site works just fine. A bud of mine has one for both J1850 and another for CanBus.  Just pick the correct version.
Ron

Norton Commando

Quote from: rbabos on January 27, 2020, 04:56:07 AM
The cheaper one is all you need if only a tool for the brakes. Twinscan while nice, who the hell needs all of the extra features. I have the Twinscan2 ABS, only because it was all available at the time. I use one small feature for brakes only and none of the rest. Most of us have other tuning devices for the other stuff we need. Jason's tool on the infotechmercenary site works just fine. A bud of mine has one for both J1850 and another for CanBus.  Just pick the correct version.
Ron

I bought the TwinTec Twin Scan II ABS for USD 200 and it works well for bleeding the ABS system.  It also can be used as a diagnostic tool.

Jason
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

chaos901

Twin Scan II ABS....again  :up:
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Rockout Rocker Products

You're looking at the wrong model.

Call Dr. Phil  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Boe Cole

Given the prices of the cheaper tool or the twin scan, I'll let the dealer do it annually.  I would buy an app if was less than $100 but the prices shown are just not cost effective for a weekend warrior like myself.  I do 99% of the work on my bikes because it is relaxing for me and I have the ability and tools.  When it comes to things that require expensive tools like the items shown, I do a cop out and have someone with the tools do it.  I've been having the abs bled annually even though the moco calls for semi annual and that is probably ok but i've always been one of those folks that, given a choice, would rather have a vehicle that stops properly vs running properly.....
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.