April 23, 2024, 06:12:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

V&H Eliminator 300's tune or not ?????

Started by sandrooney, January 27, 2020, 04:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

I just installed some V&H Eliminator 300 slip on's on my 18 Heritage 114, everything else stock. Run's great, plenty of power and no decel pop. I have read where others with same set up have not tuned at all. I am going to tune it but want to try these pipes out for a little bit before I do. My question is will it hurt it to run it without for 500 miles or so?
Thanks,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

Hossamania

For 500 miles all I would be able to think is, "These pipes sound great, I wonder if they are hurting my motor without a tune." That second part would really take away my enjoyment until it got at least a canned map installed.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Buglet

I have a customer with a RK that has pipes air cleaner a cams with no tune, work was done when just about new, since I've being doing the service nothing ever went wrong with it not ever a oil leak . It has 150K on never being tune. Not that I recommend it. What goes on here. That's not the only one I have another one with over 100k short pipes and air cleaner no tune still running good.. There is a quite a few more around here no tune still going. Those people just don't want to pay for a tune. From what I see over the last 25 years of FI I would say you be all right seeing if you like the pipes. But I still would recommend a tune.

sandrooney

Yes Hoss, the second part is exactly what I would be thinking. Thanks

Thanks BUGLET
Patience is such a waste of time .