April 19, 2024, 02:43:05 PM

News:

Embarrasing TTS Question

Started by Boe Cole, January 27, 2020, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boe Cole

Have uploaded previous tunes to my bike and had it dyno'd but need to adjust the warm up portion of the tune - when its cold, its too lean.
I installed the tts software on my windows 10 computer and have tried loading the mt9 file but the software wants to merge a recorded run in the opening.  All i want to do is adjust the tune warm up portion and have been able to get there way back when (been years....).  What am i doing wrong??  I've uploaded the latest from TTS but can't find the program that just opens the mt9 file, allows me to make the change, and resaves the modified tune for later uploading to the bike.

Obviously I do not do this often enough to be competent and going back to the tuner to help when the engine is overnight cold is not even close to convenient.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

98fxstc

Sounds like you are in the V Tune program.
You want the Mastertune program.
Have your calibration in a folder where you can find it easily.
When you open Mastertune it will begin to call up every TTS calibration known to man. Cancel this operation.
This option may be useful for the professional user but is a nuisance for for the DIY'er.
Go to the appropriate folder and pick your calibration.
Make the changes and save it with a new number when done.

On another note, I have used TTS with Windows XP and Windows 7 for many years with no problems.
I recently installed TTS on a Windows 10 tablet that I have and started having problems with the touchscreen profile driver.
May have been a coincidence but I uninstalled the TTS software but could not uninstall the HD06 software updater.
Ended up with a new motherboard.   :banghead:

lonewolf

Just double click on the mt9 file and mastertune will load.

98fxstc

Quote from: lonewolf on January 27, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
Just double click on the mt9 file and mastertune will load.

:up:
yeah, that too   :embarrassed:

Boe Cole

Think I may have found the problem.  McAfee does not like Mastertune...  Nukes the program as a harmful virus so when i try to run it, McAfee has nuked it so the program does not run.  I can't win.....

rigidthumper

Check the setting in McAfee. You should be able to suspend/pause McAfee long enough to allow MT to update/run normally.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Boe Cole

Quote from: rigidthumper on January 28, 2020, 06:26:25 AM
Check the setting in McAfee. You should be able to suspend/pause McAfee long enough to allow MT to update/run normally.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Dug into McAfee help and found how to do it.  Now I know why I have not been able to get into the tune for updating.  Been playing around with this for months - on and off but not concentrated.  Want to get the issue resolved before Daytona Bike Week.

Boe Cole

Got it working.  Took a few tries to get it done but McAfee is working and so is Master Tune.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

kd

Did you have to shut McAfee off to do it?  I have McAfee and the 10 download but haven't tried yet.  I did do some Mastertune updates that seemed to go well.
KD

Coyote

Imo if you're running win 10, you don't need an addon virus program.

rbabos

Quote from: Coyote on January 29, 2020, 05:42:55 AM
I agree. I'm impressed how well it looks after itself. However, it will still bitch on these kind of programs but as long as you allow ransomware in the security settings on that specific program, it won't bother you any more on that program. I've probably got about 30 allowed. TTS was one of them  as well as PV and PCV. As an old XP user, I hated the 10 at first but learned to like it. Had no choice really.
Ron

Coyote

Quote from: rbabos on January 29, 2020, 05:59:51 AM
Quote from: Coyote on January 29, 2020, 05:42:55 AM
I agree. I'm impressed how well it looks after itself. However, it will still bitch on these kind of programs but as long as you allow ransomware in the security settings on that specific program, it won't bother you any more on that program. I've probably got about 30 allowed. TTS was one of them  as well as PV and PCV. As an old XP user, I hated the 10 at first but learned to like it. Had no choice really.
Ron

I don't have any security exceptions allowed and I have yet to get any warnings.  :nix:

rbabos

Settings could be set to allow all.
Ron

Coyote

Boe Cole

Previously when i downloaded Mastertune, the icon appeared on my desktop but when i selected it, nothing happened.  It was when I did another download of it that a McAfee message flashed advising that it was nuking the program.  As I said, it was a flash, did not last more than a couple seconds - that is why i missed it for so long and was having the problem.  Last nite when i went into McAfee, i hit the settings cog in the upper right hand corner and found a quarantine area and the program was there.  Removed it from quarantine and the program went where it was supposed to go and now life is good.   

jjdalynh

Quote from: Boe Cole on January 29, 2020, 08:18:45 AM
Previously when i downloaded Mastertune, the icon appeared on my desktop but when i selected it, nothing happened.  It was when I did another download of it that a McAfee message flashed advising that it was nuking the program.  As I said, it was a flash, did not last more than a couple seconds - that is why i missed it for so long and was having the problem.  Last nite when i went into McAfee, i hit the settings cog in the upper right hand corner and found a quarantine area and the program was there.  Removed it from quarantine and the program went where it was supposed to go and now life is good.

be aware that you may run into it again on any update of tts software.  happened to me a couple times already.