March 29, 2024, 06:56:30 AM

News:

Nubie.... I think

Started by Spartanden, January 28, 2020, 05:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartanden

I have been a "member" for a bit, but due to things, have not been here much....thought I would "start" over and try to get up to speed here.
I'm a retired buyer from an aerospace company, spent 40 years in manufacturing, 10 years as an auto service tech, mechanically inclined and do my own work on my 2013 Street Glide. Got my first bike at 16, rode street until 1972 when I got into an accident. Got tired of the wieners not seeing the bikes, so I traded and went off road and raced enduro, hare scrambles, etc.  Got back into street in 2004 and have been since.  I will probably lurk for a spell unless I see something I can add note worthy comments.  Full speed ahead!!
SpartanDen

Pete_Vit

Welcome from Central Arkansas, Sounds like you've had a full life  :up: enjoy your stay, for some good lurking...check out Earl's Place  :SM:
Aerospace ? I worked for Boeing Helicopters in Philly for 11 years, some of my best years working for them...well until the Merger with MCD  :doh:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

SixShooter14

Howdy, another welcome from Arkansas.

If you haven't looked around already, the General and TC tech sections are sure to have some good info. for your 2013. Earl's is good for those entertaining 'social' subjects.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Spartanden

Pete.... I worked for Pratt & Whitney... we did composite and other types of parts on the inlet side. Also worked for defense contractors who made parts for M-1, M-88, Hummers, MRAP, and other assorted vehicles. Love the mfg business, but good workers hard to find!! Looking forward to diving in and out here.
Thanks!

Leed

Welcome from Texas...  Can't let the Arkansas guys overwhelm you. :SM:

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Spartanden on January 28, 2020, 06:37:10 AM
Pete.... I worked for Pratt & Whitney... we did composite and other types of parts on the inlet side. Also worked for defense contractors who made parts for M-1, M-88, Hummers, MRAP, and other assorted vehicles. Love the mfg business, but good workers hard to find!! Looking forward to diving in and out here.
Thanks!
:up: I loved working with Engineers, that was the funnest part of my career, well maybe when I worked for the Bubble Gum factory also  :smilep:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

harttoo